Gas prices decline & stand at $3.29 per gallonDecember 5th, 2011 - 7:50 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The price of gas continues to go on the downside despite the fact that the commodity is still costly on the international market. The price of fuel has been going down for the past two weeks in the United States.
Market analysts say the average price of gas in the United States stands at $3.29 per gallon. Over the past six weeks, the price of the commodity has gone down by about 18 cents. Though the price of gas is going down domestically, the same cannot be said about the price on the international market.
Lundberg Survey reports that gas distributors in the United States are narrowing their profit because as the commodity’s price drop domestically, the price has been increasing on the international market. The price of crude oil has gone up by more than $3 per barrel over the last two weeks.
The research firm explained that, “They (the oil industry in the United States) were unable to pass through the higher oil prices because American motorists’ demand for gasoline continues to shrink due to hard economic conditions.”
Analysts say the companies cannot sustain the trend and it is likely that the prices may not continue to fall for long.
- Gas prices see biggest jump of the year - Aug 13, 2012
- Gas prices continue their upward surge - Mar 06, 2012
- Obama seeks to curb speculation in oil market - Apr 18, 2012
- Obama vows to tap new energy sources - Feb 24, 2012
- Gas Prices Spike Further Damaging the Economy - Dec 07, 2010
- Forecasters announce $3 a gallon for gas probable in the impending months - Mar 23, 2010
- Gas Price In Highest Hike After 2008 - Mar 19, 2010
- Oil firms ask government to compensate them - Apr 17, 2012
- No alternative to petrol price hike: Deora - Jan 17, 2011
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- Petrol price hike in the offing as crude soars - Mar 23, 2012
- `Downside risks to South Korean economy remain high' - Dec 08, 2011
- US gold and copper prices ease - Mar 13, 2012
- Thieves steal $2000 of gas in a Pasadena service station - May 12, 2011
- BJP protests fuel price hike, demands rollback - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: american motorists, commodity, decline, downside, economic conditions, gas distributors, gas prices, gasoline, market analysts, oil industry, oil prices, price of crude oil, six weeks, survey reports, united states market