Garware Motors hopes to sell 2,000 super bikesFebruary 8th, 2011 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 8 (IANS) The Pune-based Garware Motors Ltd Tuesday said it was looking to sell around 2,000 units of Hyosung’s super bikes in its first year.”We will start accepting bookings for the two models in March and start deliveries in April. We plan to sell around 2,000 units in the first year,” the firm’s managing director Diya Garware Ibanez told reporters here.
Garware Motors has tied up with South Korean company S&T Motors to assemble and sell Hyosung brand super bikes and would soon launch two models GT650R and ST7.
She said GT650R bike will be priced at sub-Rs.550,000 and ST7 will be sold at sub-Rs.600,000.
The company plans to have 10 dealers across the country.
According to Ibanez, the company has invested around Rs.20 crore in the assembly plant near Pune. The plant can assemble around 10 bikes a day imported in a completely knocked down (CKD) condition.
- Hyosung superbikes launched in India - Apr 20, 2011
- DSK launches new Hyosung superbike (With image) - Jun 13, 2012
- Now, Harley Davidson bikes in India at slashed prices - Jan 05, 2012
- Nokia to focus on sub-Rs.6,000 category - Oct 31, 2011
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- Daimler to beef up its R&D; activities in India (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Tata Motors to build 2,000 Land Rovers a year in Pune plant - Mar 02, 2011
- Toyota to roll out compact car Etios early 2011 - Jun 04, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Renault Nissan Automotive to double capacity, hire 500 - Jan 26, 2012
- Tata Motors considering Nano assembly plant abroad - Aug 02, 2011
- Swedish firm to launch new power technology next year - Dec 17, 2010
- TVS to produce bikes in Bengal for eastern India - Oct 29, 2011
- TI Cycles pedalling up the value chain - Mar 25, 2011