GAIL to invest Rs.11,000 crore in Uttar PradeshJune 14th, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 13 (IANS) Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) Wednesday informed the Uttar Pradesh government that it proposes to invest around Rs.11,000 crore in the state which would lead to an indirect employment to 20,000 people.
This includes Rs.1,500 crore for the 200-km Jagdishpur Haldia Pipeline, a company official said.
The Uttar Pradesh government said it was ready to cooperate with GAIL in developing natural gas infrastructure.
Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani gave this assurance to a team of GAIL officials who made a presentation to him and Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner Anil K. Gupta in the presence of principal secretaries of taxation, revenue, urban development and other senior state government officials.
Chairman and managing director of GAIL B.C. Tripathi said Uttar Pradesh was fortunate that India’s first Hazira-Vijaipur-Jagdishpur (HVJ) gas pipeline entered the state from east while it would get another link from the west through the upcoming pipelines.
GAIL authorities sought the state government’s support for relaxation in taxes and duties, development and strengthening of roads and canal water from the irrigation department.
Director finance, GAIL, P.K. Jain informed that the company’s investment would generate an indirect employment to about 20,000 people.
- Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoU - Oct 20, 2011
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- GAIL approves pipeline projects worth $1.6 bn - Jul 27, 2009
- Fernas to complete IOCL pipeline work by July 2012 - Mar 25, 2011
- UP to expedite implementation of new industrial policy - Sep 21, 2012
- Jawed Usmani takes over as UP chief secretary - Mar 23, 2012
- Andhra plans three agri business investment regions (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- GAIL to form joint venture to supply gas to Karnataka - Jun 08, 2011
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- Himachal to allow industries to get power from private project - Nov 19, 2011
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- Chatterjee Group plans Rs.4,000 crore investment in Bengal - Jul 06, 2011
- Agartala to go green with CNG for vehicles, PNG for houses - Sep 14, 2011
- Talks on for major SAIL unit at Jagdishpur (With Images) - Mar 15, 2011
- UP to launch state portal for citizen welfare - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: anil k gupta, canal water, chief secretary, crore, department director, development commissioner, director finance, gas authority of india limited, gas pipeline, hazira, indirect employment, irrigation department, natural gas infrastructure, pipelines, rs 1, secretaries, state government officials, tripathi, usmani, uttar pradesh government