GAIL plans wind energy projects in GujaratMay 12th, 2009 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, May 12 (IANS) Gas marketing major Gail India is planning to establish a series of wind power projects in Gujarat during the current fiscal, a senior official said Tuesday.
“The company has invited bids for setting up wind power projects of 4.5 to 5 MW capacity each on a turn-key basis. The projects will come up at sites where there is sufficient wind potential,” the GAIL official, who did not want to be named, told IANS.
The winners of the bids will have to establish wind power turbines, produce and supply power and ensure maintenance for 20 years.
Delhi-based Power and Energy Consultants has been chosen as the project management consultant.
The official added that Gujarat had so far attracted investments worth Rs.400,000 crore in the energy sector.
The state is on its way of becoming India’s wind energy hub and is likely to be among the top three states in terms of wind power capacity by 2012, he added.
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- Siemens to invest Rs.400 crore on wind turbines in India - Nov 30, 2010
- Suzlon Energy bags 50.4 megawatt order - Apr 20, 2011
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- Suzlon crosses 5,000 MW of wind power installations in India - Sep 24, 2010
- Windmill makers in Tamil Nadu accused of opaque pricing - Jun 15, 2012
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Mexico's wind energy sector experiencing rapid growth - Feb 09, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to add 500 MW of power by June - May 17, 2012
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Essar commissions 2nd unit of Salaya power project in Gujarat - Jun 15, 2012
- Suzlon bags contract for 30 mw wind turbine in Rajasthan - Sep 03, 2010
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- OPG Power to increase capacity to 740 MW by 2013 - Jul 20, 2012
- Suzlon bags 168.5 MW orders in India - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: ahmedabad, crore, energy consultants, energy hub, energy sector, gas marketing, gujarat, India, investments, mw, power and energy, project management consultant, three states, wind energy projects, wind power capacity, wind power projects, wind power turbines