GAIL commences gas supply to TrombayJuly 16th, 2008 - 10:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) The state-run Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) Wednesday commenced gas supply to Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) in Trombay region in Maharashtra through Dahej-Uran pipeline. BPCL contracted GAIL to supply 0.9 million metric standard cubic metre re-gassified liquefied natural gas (RLNG) per day.
In a release, the company said the Dahej-Uran and Dabhol-Panvel pipelines will transport gas from sources like Panna-Multa, Dahej RLNG, Shell RLNG, Reliance Industries RNLG and Dabhol LNG Terminal.
After BPCL, the next consumer to be connected will be Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertiliser next month, followed by Tata Power and Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) in February 2009. GAIL has also won business deals with companies like Bombay Dyeing, Supreme Petro and Owens Corning.
The press release noted that the Dahej-Uran pipeline connects two important gas markets of Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- OMCs to invest Rs.1,500 crore for LPG supply in Karnataka - Jul 02, 2010
- Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoU - Oct 20, 2011
- GAIL to lay Dabhol-Bangalore gas pipeline by March 2012 - Jun 03, 2010
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts - May 28, 2012
- GSPC-led consortium wins bid for Kakinada-Bhilwara pipeline - Oct 19, 2010
- GAIL to form joint venture to supply gas to Karnataka - Jun 08, 2011
- Rs.677-crore GAIL order for Dhabol-Bangalore pipeline - Oct 07, 2010
- Petrol prices to rise by Rs 2.54 per litre from midnight tonight - Jan 15, 2011
- ONGC joint venture planning IPO in 2012 - Mar 14, 2010
- Supreme Court questions petroleum, gas board - Jun 16, 2011
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- CNG prices raised up to Rs.2 a kg in NCR (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- India to get gas from Turkmenistan - May 17, 2012
Tags: bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corp, bharat petroleum corp ltd, bombay dyeing, bpcl, business deals, cubic metre, gas authority of india ltd, gas markets, gujarat, hindustan petroleum, hindustan petroleum corp, hpcl, liquefied natural gas, lng terminal, maharashtra, multa, owens corning, reliance industries, tata power