GAIL chairman meets Mamata, to submit proposals soonJune 8th, 2011 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 7 (IANS) Public sector GAIL (India) Limited chairman B.C. Tripathi Tuesday met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to discuss various gas-based projects for the state and promised to revert with concrete proposals in a couple of days.
“Today, chairman GAIL along with other senior officials met Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. They discussed about a few projects. Finance Minister (Amit Mitra) was also present,” said Industries Minister Partha Chatterjee
“We have discussed various issues. What we have understood from the discussion is that the previous government delayed giving the green signal to various projects. We have assured GAIL that we will provide them all help. We have asked them to submit their project reports and expressions of interest in writing within few days,” he added.
“We are prepared. We have asked them to submit their letter within 2-3 days. Our chief minister has asked us to look into the matter on a urgent footing,” said Chatterjee.
“We will send the letter within 2-3 days. We will move forward together for the overall development of the state,” Tripathi told reporters after the meeting.
GAIL (India) Limited was previously known as Gas Authority of India Limited.
- Bengal to restructure agency promoting software industry - Jun 30, 2011
- Bengal industry minister meets Somnath Chatterjee - Jun 21, 2011
- Mamata moots all-party delegation for central assistance - Jun 29, 2012
- Mamata pushes for better implementation of welfare schemes - May 24, 2011
- Bengal minister meets Infosys top brass on stalled project - Sep 07, 2012
- Chatterjee Group chief meet Mamata ahead of HPL board meet - Mar 26, 2012
- Bengal against SEZs, minister tells Infosys - Feb 20, 2012
- Maruti plans Rs.80 crore logistic hub in Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoU - Oct 20, 2011
- Want Infosys in Bengal, but won't bend rules: Mamata - Mar 12, 2012
- GAIL to set up 1,000 MW power plant in Punjab - Jun 12, 2012
- Left accuses Trinamool government of violating norms - Dec 16, 2011
- Bengal assembly passes bill to relax land ceiling laws - Apr 03, 2012
- West Bengal woos start-ups with simpler procedures - Sep 23, 2011
- Mamata sets up core group on industrialisation - Jun 18, 2011
Tags: amit mitra, chief minister, concrete proposals, couple of days, expressions of interest, few days, finance minister, footing, gas authority of india limited, industries minister, partha, public sector, senior officials, tripathi, west bengal