Future Sharp Skills to train 5 lakh youth of Bengal by 2022July 20th, 2012 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 20 (IANS) Future Sharp Skills, a joint venture of Future Group and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), has plans to launch 40 vocational training hubs across West Bengal to train and provide jobs to five lakh youths by 2022, a top company official said Friday.
FSSL’s vocational hubs will cater to 70 courses, including retail, hospitality, banking, carpentry, automobile and mobile repairing, said Goutam Roy, chief operating officer.
“The students will get Rs.3,000-4,000 as stipend for two years and work experience,” Roy said.
“FSSL has tied up with various corporate firms like Titan, Emami, Spencer, Sodexo, Aditya Birla, Mobile Store, Five star restaurants, Cafe coffee Day for providing industrial training to the selected youths,” he said.
Indranil Sengupta, additional secretary in the state labour department, said the government would provide full support for the courses.
- Coming up, 100 more skill development centres - May 25, 2012
- Declare 2012 as year of 'Proud to be Skilled Indian' (Comment) - Dec 25, 2011
- A joint venture to train over two million in diverse skills - Dec 21, 2010
- Vocational training for 1 mn Indians with Swiss help - Nov 07, 2011
- Chidambaram launches website for Kashmir's youth - Mar 26, 2012
- New job plan for Kashmir to train 40,000 youth (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Government okays Rs.1,000 crore job plan for Kashmir - Jul 07, 2011
- AISECT launches portal to make quality education, ICT-based services more accessible - Feb 23, 2011
- 'Power To Empower' contest aims to sharpen entrepreneurial skills - Sep 13, 2012
- Vocational courses for school students planned - Oct 20, 2010
- One lakh Bengal youths to get skills training - Jul 30, 2011
- '14 million job seekers to move out of northeast by 2021' - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Education system not keeping pace with evolving technology' - Sep 06, 2012
- Manipur youth train to acquire vocational skills - Apr 12, 2011
- First set of 2,000 rural youth placed under special skills project (With Image) - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: aditya birla, carpentry, chief operating officer, emami, five star restaurants, fssl, future group, hubs, joint venture, kolkata, labour department, lakh, mobile store, retail hospitality, skill development, sodexo, stipend, vocational training, west bengal, work experience