Future Generali to open 100 new branchesJune 30th, 2010 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 30 (IANS) Private life insurer Future Generali India will expand its distribution network by opening around 100 branches and sign up bancassurance deals to close this year with a fresh premium of Rs.1,200 crore, a top company official said Wednesday.
“We will be adding 100 new branches to our existing network of 91 branches. We will also increase the agency force by 21,000 to 65,000. In addition, talks are on with couple of banks to sign up bancassurance deals (banks selling insurance polices),” Chief Operating Officer Balram Sarma told reporters here.
According to him, the Rs.480 crore premium income company will also come out with new plans for its mallassurance - retail outlets of companies like Pantaloon selling insurance policies.
The company gets nearly eight percent of its business from this channel selling low ticket sized policies to a large number of people.
According to Sarma the average premium per policy (APPP) for the company is around Rs.15,000.
Asked about the impact of the new guidelines for unit linked insurance plans (ULIP) issued by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA), Sarma said: “It adds weight on the companies. The spreading of the acquisition costs or marketing costs over the first five years and guaranteeing a return of 4.5 percent on pension and annuity policies will put companies in difficulty.”
“We are currently working out the impact of the revised norms. None of our current set of ULIPs meets the revised guidelines. We will be filing the redrafted policies with IRDA before September,” he added.
Sarma said the company had settled 430 claims out of the 696 lodged with it.
“The policies are less than two years old and procedures like investigation have to be completed before the claims are settled,” he added.
He said the company enjoys a policy persistency or renewal ratio of around 70 percent.
- ING Vysya Life to raise equity base by Rs.227 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- Insurance firms might find draft bancassurance guidelines difficult - Jan 03, 2012
- Future Generali eyeing 34 percent growth this fiscal - Dec 02, 2010
- Insurers to discuss revision in health, motor insurance - Jul 03, 2012
- Future Generali Life to infuse Rs.150 crore additional capital - Jan 12, 2010
- Insurance regulator tightens norms on equity-linked plans - May 04, 2010
- Aegon Religare targeting Rs.500 crore premium in 2010-11 - Oct 08, 2010
- IndiaFirst Life to expand distribution reach - Sep 02, 2010
- IRDA asks life insurers to defy SEBI ban (Lead) - Apr 11, 2010
- IRDA is micro managing life insurers: Experts - Jul 19, 2010
- Reliance Life Insurance in talk with banks for tie-up - Aug 19, 2012
- Reliance Life looks to next big steps in ties with Nippon - Oct 09, 2011
- 'ULIPs have potential for life insurers despite curbs' - Nov 22, 2010
- Life insurance firms mull riders to take policyholders for a ride - Aug 01, 2010
- SEBI order on ULIPs a wake-up call for IRDA - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: acquisition costs, annuity, appp, banks, chief operating officer, distribution network, existing network, first five years, future generali, insurance regulatory and development authority, irda, life insurer, norms, persistency, polices, private life, retail outlets, rs 1, selling insurance policies, ulips