Full scale domestic operations commence at T3November 14th, 2010 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines Sunday shifted their domestic operations to Terminal-3 (T3) of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) here, thus commencing the full scale domestic operations of the swanky new terminal.
“Effective today, all domestic flights of Kingfisher Airlines, including flights operating Kingfisher RED class of service, will depart from and arrive at Terminal 3,” a Kingfisher Airline statement said.
Flag carrier Air India had shifted its domestic operations to the new terminal Oct 31. Only these three airlines, and their subsidiaries, can use T3 for their domestic flights. Other airlines will continue to use the old T-1D terminal at Palam.
Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) confirmed that Kingfisher Airlines, Jet Airways and its subsidiary Jetlite had shifted to T3 from the old domestic terminal at Palam.
According to Kingfisher Airlines, the transition went off smoothly.
“By and large, the transition of operations for our domestic flights to T3 went off smoothly, thanks to the well coordinated advance planning by all stakeholders involved,” the statement added.
The airline also said it will notify all its passengers through SMS till Nov 30.
“Besides notifying them of the change in terminal, guests are also being requested to report well in time for their flights,” the statement said.
T3’s domestic operations got off to a bad start due to delays and baggage problems faced by Air India passengers. Many passengers had protested the inefficiency, raising doubts about the success of the transition.
- Terminal 3 to welcome domestic flights from Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2010
- DIAL decision on integrated terminal next month - Dec 17, 2010
- T3 domestic operations put off, infrastructure not ready - Aug 13, 2010
- Chaos at Delhi airport T-3 as IT systems fail - Dec 17, 2010
- Delhi airport's T3 completes one year Thursday - Jul 27, 2011
- Domestic flights from Delhi's Terminal-3 now from Nov 14 - Oct 25, 2010
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- New terminal at Delhi airport becomes operational - Apr 19, 2009
- Flights take off from new domestic terminal at Delhi (Lead) - Apr 19, 2009
- First international flight to land at IGI new terminal Wednesday - Jul 13, 2010
- Italian designer Roberto Capucci crafts new uniforms for JetLite - Aug 03, 2010
- Kingfisher tops in unused flight slots, says Ravi - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: air india, baggage problems, carrier air, delhi international, domestic flights, domestic operations, domestic terminal, flag carrier, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, inefficiency, jet airways, jetlite, kingfisher, kingfisher airline, kingfisher airlines, oct 31, palam, terminal 3, three airlines