Free ride on Yamuna Expressway till Aug 15August 9th, 2012 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 9 (IANS) Jaypee Infratech, the developers of the 165-km Yamuna Expressway connecting Greater Noida with Agra, Thursday said there would be no toll-tax till Aug 15.
The freeway, which promises to reduce travel time between New Delhi and Agra, home to the Taj Mahal by nearly half at two-and-a-half hours, was formally inaugurated by way of a videoconference from here Thursday by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Jaypee group deputy chairman Manoj Gaur said given the season of Ramzaan, Janmaasthami and Independence Day, his group had decided to give motorists on the expressway a six-day free ride. The state government has approved a toll tax of Rs.2.10 per km for cars.
Late Wednesday, the state government had notified the toll based on the recommendation of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority at Rs 2.10 per km on cars and jeeps, Rs.6.60 on busses and trucks, Rs.3.23 on minis and Rs.10.10 on heavy vehicles.
Asked to comment if the toll tax was not on the higher side, Yadav said that it was up to the developers to decide the rates, as people will travel less if they keep it high.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway opens, cutting Delhi-Agra run to 150 minutes - Aug 09, 2012
- Officials, ambulances to go free on Yamuna Expressway - Aug 10, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway awaits Akhilesh nod (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Check the speed! Expressway accidents cause concern - Sep 01, 2012
- Farmers protest as Yamuna Expressway opens - Aug 09, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be ready later this year: Official - Apr 26, 2011
- Politics delay inauguration of Yamuna Expressway - Jan 14, 2012
- Jaypee Infratech quarterly net profit falls 2.58 percent - Jan 25, 2011
- Agra-Lucknow Expressway to be eco-friendly - Apr 04, 2012
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow - Aug 13, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be aligned Agra-Lucknow highway - Aug 28, 2012
- Akhilesh moots extension of Yamuna Expressway to Lucknow (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: agra, akhilesh yadav, asian news, busses, chief minister, free ride, gaur, greater noida, group deputy chairman, heavy vehicles, jaypee group, jeeps, lucknow, manoj, minis, motorists, rs 2, two and a half hours, uttar pradesh, videoconference