Franchise India-2008 starts in DelhiNovember 29th, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) Franchise India-2008, an international event on franchise, retail and licensiing industry, started here Saturday with the participation of over 350 domestic and global brands.Vice-Chief of Army Staff M.L. Naidu inaugurated the show.
Organised by Franchise India Holdings (FIH), a franchising consulting service provider, the two-day event aims to provide comprehensive business-to-business platform for the franchise, retail and licensing industry to facilitate meetings, interactions and business deliberations.
The first day saw discussions on the potential of the franchisee business in India and abroad and also presentations by retail experts and industry leaders on the changing dynamics of the retail industry.
“Franchise business is globally growing with a very fast pace at the rate of about 15 percent every year, and India is not untouched by it. In the global recession period, franchising will prove to be an enormous business opportunity, and will only work like a booster shot for the sluggish economy,” FIH president Gaurav Marya said.
The participants include various brands like Nirulas, Levi’s, Adidas, Famous Famiglia (US), Southern Fried Chicken (US), Dulce Cafe and High and Mighty.
- 250 brands to participate in Franchise India-2008 - Nov 28, 2008
- Experts welcome SIDBI fund for service sector startups - May 21, 2012
- Franchise India 2010 to have over 325 companies - Nov 28, 2010
- Indian retail market to reach $535 bn by 2013: Report - Nov 26, 2009
- Indian, Australian institutes sign pact - Nov 16, 2011
- Mumbai to host two-day conference on beauty, wellness - Nov 22, 2011
- Franchise India and RE/MAX to start one-stop property shops - Jul 12, 2010
- Italy shoe fair in India to target mid-size market - Jul 27, 2011
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012
- Beaches, babes, bikinis..here's India Resort Fashion Week (Curtain raiser) - Dec 06, 2011
- Malabar Gold group to diversify into retailing of lifestyle products - Mar 30, 2012
- FDI in retail not to hurt kirana stores: Virbhadra Singh - Dec 02, 2011
- HI charges IHF with sabotaging India's Olympic preparations - Oct 07, 2011
- Pakistan fashion fraternity eyes franchises, collaborations in India - Apr 16, 2012
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012