France sees increase in jobseekersMay 31st, 2012 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, May 31 (IANS) Jobseekers in France increased by 0.1 percent in April from a month earlier, as tepid economic growth slowed job creation in the eurozone’s second largest economy, official figures showed.
Year on year, the unemployment jumped by 7.5 percent, reported Xinhua.
In mid-July, the government will hold a social conference where representatives of trade unions and employers will discuss new measures to inject new blood into the lifeless job market.
- Unemployment in France goes up - Mar 27, 2012
- Unemployment in France grows in October - Nov 29, 2011
- Financial crisis subsides: Sarkozy - Jan 30, 2012
- Canada's unemployment rate falls - Jul 07, 2012
- Unemployment rises in Spain - Apr 04, 2012
- French unemployment reaches record high in November - Dec 27, 2011
- South Korea's unemployment rate falls a little - Dec 14, 2011
- Employment growth stagnates in Italy amid weak economy - Aug 03, 2011
- ILO warns of new global jobs crisis - Apr 30, 2012
- 4.5 mn jobs at risk in eurozone in four years: UN - Jul 12, 2012
- Australia's unemployment rate forecast to rise in 2012 - Jan 16, 2012
- Job creation, economic growth Obama's top priority - Aug 06, 2011
- Australia's unemployment rate down - Feb 16, 2012
- Unemployment rises in Italy - Nov 01, 2011
- US initial jobless claims dip to six-week low - Jul 06, 2012