Fortis launches four more hospitalsAugust 29th, 2011 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) Hospital chain Fortis Healthcare (India) Monday announced the launch of four new establishments as part of plan to strengthen its presence in the country, taking its launches to 10 in as many weeks and its bed capacity to 10,270.
Besides setting up new hospitals in Cochin, Bilaspur and Bangalore, the healthcare provider will manage the cardiac care unit at Asansol’s HLG Hospital in West Bengal.
“We have met the ‘10 hospitals in 10 weeks’ commitment made on our 10th anniversary,” Fortis (India) CEO Aditya Vij said. “Location and operational models have been carefully selected to increase access to quality healthcare while maintaining affordability.”
Fortis marks its entry into Kerala with a 45-bed boutique hospital in Cochin, which promises to offer quality healthcare for women under the ‘Fortis La Femme’ brand.
Expanding its reach in West Bengal, Fortis will operate and manage a 50-bed cardiac care unit at the multi-speciality HLG Hospital in Asansol.
The group also strengthens its presence in the south with what it calls a “world-class tertiary care hospital”, near the Marthahalli junction in Bangalore, which will start operations by 2013.
- Fortis announces two new hospitals in Hyderabad, Agra - Nov 17, 2011
- Fortis Healthcare to buy sister arm Fortis International - Sep 19, 2011
- GPT Healthcare sets up hospital in Agartala - Oct 01, 2011
- First phase of Bengal Aerotropolis by end-2012 - Jan 11, 2012
- Advent invests $105 million in CARE Hospitals - Apr 02, 2012
- India's Fortis Healthcare exits race for Singapore's Parkway - Jul 26, 2010
- Hiranandanis to set up multi-speciality hospital in Thane - Sep 16, 2011
- Roll back service tax on AC hospitals: FICCI - Mar 06, 2011
- Kerala's health sector gets Rs.2,150 crore investment - Sep 11, 2012
- Parkway stake makes Fortis largest Asian hospital chain - Mar 12, 2010
- Health tourism to get industry status in Haryana - Jan 04, 2011
- Pranab withdraws 'misery tax' on healthcare (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- 'Misery Day' against service tax hike in hospitals - Mar 03, 2011
- IOA condoles death of fencing secretary general - Jul 05, 2012
- Health minister inaugurates hospital in Mumbai - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: 10th anniversary, aditya, affordability, asansol, bilaspur, cardiac care unit, ceo, establishments, fortis, healthcare provider, hlg, hospitals, kerala, launch, New Delhi, operational models, quality healthcare, tertiary care hospital, vij, west bengal