Fortis buys Singapore diagnostic firm for $50 mn, stock upFebruary 1st, 2012 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 1 (IANS) Fortis Healthcare said Wednesday it had bought an 85 percent stake in Singapore’s Redline-Asia, an outpatient diagnostic chain, for about $50 million (Singapore
The stock reacted positively to the news and rose 3.6 percent in early trade to touch an intra-day high of Rs.108.40 at the Bombay Stock Exchange.
“The transaction provides Fortis Healthcare a strong foothold in the premium diagnostics and molecular imaging segment in one of Southeast Asia’s most attractive markets besides providing a complementary platform to its upcoming specialty hospital on Adam Road in Singapore,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The acquisition has been routed through Singapore subsidiary.
Redline has four main business segments; diagnostic imaging, molecular imaging, cyclotron (radio-isotopes manufacturing) and GP clinics, Fortis said.
- Fortis Healthcare to buy sister arm Fortis International - Sep 19, 2011
- Fortis scrip up 1.4 percent on Hong Kong acquisition - Oct 11, 2010
- Fortis offers to buy Parkway, deal size at $2.3 bn - Jul 01, 2010
- India's Fortis Healthcare exits race for Singapore's Parkway - Jul 26, 2010
- Conference on strategic electronics at Hyderabad - Nov 23, 2011
- Fortis Healthcare Q2 net profit up 477 percent - Nov 03, 2010
- Pre-targeting approach may lead to personalised cancer therapies - Oct 05, 2009
- Reliance-ADAG shares rally - Dec 27, 2011
- Reliance Group firms' stocks soar - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex choppy, broader markets gain (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Anil Ambani group shares rally on dividend, stake sale talks - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex closes 54 points up (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Fortis Healthcare posts consolidated global revenue at Rs.1,409 crore - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex climbs 150 points on positive Asian cues (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 50 million, acquisition, adam road, attractive markets, bombay stock exchange, business segments, diagnostic imaging, foothold, fortis, fortis healthcare, molecular imaging, mumbai, percent stake, radio isotopes, redline, segment, singapore, southeast asia, specialty hospital, subsidiary