Former HUDCO CMD to join Hirco DevelopmentsFebruary 5th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 5 (ANI/Business Wire India): Hirco Developments Private Limited today announced the appointment of V Suresh as member of the senior management team.
Suresh brings to Hirco Developments a distinguished career of 43 years in public and private sector.
Commenting on Suresh’s appointment, Firdose Vandrevala, CMD, Hirco Developments said,” I am really pleased to welcome Suresh to the Hirco team. His appointment shows our commitment to put together the best team in the industry to serve our customers, investors and business partners. The ability of Hirco to attract a person of Suresh’s caliber demonstrates our commitment and strengthens our plans to build high quality integrated townships for India’s growing middle class.”
Starting as an Engineer in Tamil Nadu PWD, he went on to the Indian Standards Institution where he was instrumental in formulating and implementing the first National Building Code.
He continues to remain closely involved as Vice Chairman of the committee on subsequent versions of the code.
Subsequently, he joined HUDCO where he rose to be the Chairman and Managing Director (The Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd., is a fully owned enterprise of Government of India, which focuses on the social aspect of housing and urban development), during which period HUDCO registered impressive all round growth.
He holds a number of professional positions which include: Fellow, Institution of Engineers; Hon. Fellow Indian Institute of Architects; past President of Indian Buildings Congress and National Real Estate Development Council.
In addition to his professional work, he has published over a hundred technical papers in the areas of housing, urban planning and infrastructure development, and addressed many national and international meetings.
He has been an official delegate of India on a number of international conferences organized by bodies such as the UN and SAARC.
He continues to play an active role as an advisor influencing public policy on real estate, urban planning, good urban governance and innovative housing and urban development financing.
Suresh’s contributions have not gone un-recognized. His numerous awards include “Eminent Engineer Award” from the Institution of Engineers; Best Chief Executive of the Year award by the National Foundation of Indian Engineers.
Suresh holds a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai. In 1998 his alma mater conferred on him its Distinguished Alumnus Award. (ANI)
- Fitch revises ratings for 11 Indian financial institutions - Jun 20, 2012
- HUDCO moves court for stake in Kochi airport - Nov 05, 2010
- Punj Lloyd secures contract for commercial buildings from HIRCO Group - Dec 28, 2010
- Police to quiz ex-minister held in housing scam - Mar 11, 2012
- Tax-free bond target for infrastructure projects at Rs.60,000 crore - Mar 16, 2012
- Housing ministry offers to help quake-hit states - Sep 19, 2011
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
- Six housing projects for slum dwellers - Mar 11, 2011
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Minister - Feb 28, 2011
- Two Indians among 2012 Yale World Fellows - Apr 04, 2012
- Indian American sworn in as America's top science official - Oct 19, 2010
- India's urban population will double in 25 years: Mukherjee - Dec 17, 2010
- Government committed to provide affordable housing - Jun 10, 2011
- India-Australia workshop on energy efficiency - Apr 11, 2011
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Selja (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: corporation ltd, government of india, housing and urban development, indian institute of architects, indian standards institution, infrastructure development, institute of architects, institution of engineers, international conferences, international meetings, planning and infrastructure, professional positions, professional work, senior management team, social aspect, suresh, townships, urban development corporation, urban planning, vice chairman