Former Chief Financial Officer of LJA Engineering-Houston embezzled more than $3 millionMarch 9th, 2010 - 12:06 am ICT by BNO News
HOUSTON, TEXAS (BNO NEWS) – A former employee of LJA Engineering (LJA) in Houston, Texas, was charged for embezzling millions out of the company, prosecutors said Monday.
Christopher McCullough, 47, former Chief Financial Officer of LJA engaged in more than 200 transactions totaling more than $3.5 million in which he converted LJA funds to his personal use.
McCullough allegedly used LJA funds to pay personal expenses such as taxes owed to the IRS, stock purchases, the purchase of real estate in Houston and Colorado and expenses related to the construction, landscaping and interior decorating of a home in Estes Park, Colorado. McCullough was withdrawing cash, writing checks drawn on the LJA accounts and purchasing cashier’s checks for his personal use.
The indictment also alleges that a few weeks after resigning from LJA, McCullough entered the LJA office around 11:00 p.m. and removed several boxes believed to contain financial records.
FBI arrested McCullough Monday morning in Colorado as each count of his seven charged counts carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
- California attorney charged for tax evasion - Mar 18, 2010
- Ex-Goldman Sachs director Gupta arrested, charged in insider trading case - Oct 26, 2011
- New Orleans banker sentenced after embezzling over $175,000 - Feb 05, 2010
- Saudi man in US custody for terror plot - Feb 25, 2011
- Indian American gets 12 years jail term for internet drug fraud - Dec 15, 2009
- Doctor Sued By Mac's Widow - Aug 07, 2010
- PA investment manager charged in multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme - Apr 05, 2010
- Indian American doctor charged with hiding India accounts - Sep 29, 2011
- Houston, TX behavioral counseling business owner charged with health care fraud - Mar 04, 2010
- Former Texas Coordinator of the American Postal Workers Union charged for embezzlement - Mar 26, 2010
- Canadian Police arrest man with crossbow, other dangerous items near G-20 site - Jun 25, 2010
- Colorado man indicted for attempting to corrupt TSA database - Mar 11, 2010
- Saudi arrested for planning to attack Bush's home - Feb 25, 2011
- Texas man indicted for being in contact with al Qaeda leader Awlaki since 2008 - Jun 04, 2010
- Honduran alien indicted for illegal re-entry and possession of a firearm - May 12, 2010
Tags: 10 years, 5 million, bno, cashier, chief financial officer, christopher mccullough, estes park, estes park colorado, fbi, houston texas, indictment, interior decorating, irs, lja engineering, maximum sentence, monday morning, personal expenses, personal use, prosecutors, stock purchases