Foreign tourist arrivals jump in NovemberDecember 6th, 2010 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) Foreign tourist arrival jumped 14.7 percent while foreign exchange earnings rose 18 percent in November this year compared to the same month last year, the tourism ministry said Monday.
According to a ministry statement, 606,000 foreign tourists visited India last month, up from November in 2009.
The increase in foreign tourists in November 2010 (14.7 percent) was higher than in October (9.2 percent) and September (12.6 percent).
The foreign tourist arrivals during January-November this year was 49.29 lakh with a growth rate of 10.4 percent as compared to 44.63 lakh last year.
The foreign exchange earnings from tourism in November was Rs.6,516 crore as compared to Rs.5,523 crore in 2009.
- Foreign exchange earnings from tourism surge 50 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Foreign tourist arrivals up in September - Oct 10, 2011
- This April saw 18 percent more tourists than last - May 06, 2011
- India sees rise in tourist figures, courtesy Games - Oct 05, 2010
- Over four lakh tourists visited India in August - Sep 13, 2011
- Foreign tourist arrivals on the rise in India - Jul 10, 2012
- 5.6 lakh tourists visited India in October - Nov 08, 2011
- India records rise in foreign tourists in March - Apr 07, 2010
- Over nine percent growth in tourist arrivals in October - Nov 06, 2010
- India got 5.58 million tourists in 2010 - Jan 06, 2011
- More foreign tourists this June than last year - Jul 08, 2011
- Seven percent increase in foreign tourists in March - Apr 08, 2011
- Kerala best tourist destination, shows survey - Feb 18, 2012
- Impressive rise in tourists arrivals - Mar 08, 2011
- 16 percent rise in tourist arrivals to India in May - Jun 04, 2010