Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.18.2 bn clearedMay 17th, 2008 - 12:35 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, on the recommendation of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), Friday approved 18 FDI proposals totalling Rs.18.20 billion, a ministry statement here said. The projects that got the government’s nod include Manipal Educational Group’s proposal for Rs.14.35 billion foreign investment in a holding company and the US-based Freightcar America’s proposal for a Rs.700-million joint venture to manufacture rail cars.
However, the proposals of the realty firm DLF Limitless Developers and India was deferred by the FIPB, said the statement.
DLF Limitless Developers had sought approval to issue shares in lieu of pre-incorporation expenses while Pepsi wanted the government to waive off the divestment condition that required it to offer a part of equity stake to Indian shareholders.
Vodafone Essar also got approval to convert operating company into an operating-cum-holding company to make downstream investment in a company engaged in telecom infrastructure business.
Meanwhile, the proposal of Sweden’s Aktiebolaget Volvo has been recommended for the consideration of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs as the investment is over Rs.6 billion.
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- Government okays 14 FDI proposals worth Rs.1,584 crore - Jul 24, 2012
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.4,550 cr approved - Dec 01, 2009
- India okays 18 FDI proposals - Aug 17, 2011
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- India clears 22 FDI proposals worth $112.5 million - Apr 20, 2012
- Vodafone was told about tax liability in Hutchison deal - May 02, 2012
- Government to amend law to tax Vodafone-type deals - Mar 16, 2012
- 16 FDI proposals worth over $20 million accepted - Jun 07, 2011
- India clears 20 FDI proposals worth $373 million - Jan 10, 2012
- Vodafone serves notice to government on tax proposal - Apr 17, 2012
- Dissapointed Vodafone to take steps to safeguard interest - May 09, 2012
- Vodafone plea denied as Mukherjee says 'India no tax haven' - May 08, 2012
- Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.1,361 crore cleared - Oct 22, 2009
Tags: cabinet committee, downstream investment, economic affairs, educational group, equity stake, fdi proposals, finance minister, fipb, foreign investment promotion board, holding company, indian shareholders, infrastructure business, investment promotion board, investment proposals, ministry statement, p chidambaram, rail cars, realty firm, rs 6, telecom infrastructure