Foreign investment proposals worth Rs.14 bn clearedSeptember 17th, 2008 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 17 (IANS) Finance minister P. Chidambaram Wednesday approved 12 foreign investment proposals valued at Rs.14.14 billion.These proposals had been approved by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board Sep 12.
The biggest investment approved Wednesday is by two US-based companies, United Guaranty Corp and International Finance Corp, which will invest that of Rs.5.7 billion to establish a joint venture company to carry out mortgage guarantee activities.
The next highest is by Mumbai’s Polycab Wires that has been allowed to convert its operating company to an operating-cum-holding company to make downstream investment and issue of warrants.
In the heavy industry sector, ZF India Pvt. Ltd has been allowed to invest Rs 2.24 billion to manufacture chassis and driveline productions for passenger vehicles, rail vehicles. They will also produce and supply transmission for marine transportation.
Besides, Delhi-based publisher Nine Dot Nine Mediaworx plans to induct investment worth Rs.339 million for publishing scientific magazines, specialty journals and periodicals.
The minister has also deferred taking decision on nine proposals, which includes ABN Amro Securities enlarging its services by offering value-added financial services.
The sole rejected proposal was that of JSW Infrastructure for grant of ex post facto approval for having undertaken the activity of holding company.
- India approves Walt Disney's Rs.1,000 crore investment - Aug 23, 2012
- Japan's JFE to invest Rs.4,800 crore for JSW Steel stake - Jul 27, 2010
- ONGC scrip soars after government nod for stake sale - Feb 29, 2012
- JSW Steel's Salboni project to 'restart' in August: Bengal minister - Jul 25, 2012
- India's JSW Steel in multibillion Oz takeover bid - Oct 25, 2011
- Eight FDI proposals approved - Dec 15, 2010
- Govt okays 19 FDI proposals worth $959 million (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- JSW to commission power plant in Bengal by 2015 - Jan 20, 2010
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- Policy matters, iron ore sourcing delaying steel plant: JSW Steel - Jan 10, 2012
- Government okays FDI proposals worth Rs.4,341 crore - Jan 13, 2011
- JSW Steel plans to raise Rs.6,600 cr for Bengal project - Oct 08, 2009
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Emami to make Rs.1.25 billion capital expenditure - Aug 08, 2012
- China invests $19 bn in forestry sector - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: abn amro securities, downstream investment, foreign investment promotion board, india pvt ltd, investment promotion board, investment proposals, joint venture company, p chidambaram, scientific magazines, united guaranty corp