Ford to create 5,000 jobs in GujaratJuly 28th, 2011 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, July 28 (IANS) US automobile major Ford will invest $1 billion (Rs.4,000 crore) to manufacture cars and engines at an integrated facility at Sanad in Gujarat, generating 5,000 jobs, the company announced Thursday.
Ford has entered signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Gujarat government to construct the facility, a company statement said. The construction of both the plants will begin later this year, with the first vehicle and engine scheduled to come off the line in 2014, it added.
“We selected Gujarat because of its pro-business environment, infrastructure, access to ports in northwestern India and skilled workforce,” said Joe Hinrichs, president and chief executive, Ford Asia Pacific and Africa regions.
“The facilities (will be used for) stamping, body, paint and assembly operations for vehicle manufacturing, as well as machining and assembly operations for engine manufacturing,” the statement said.
“The vehicle manufacturing plant will have an initial annual capacity of 240,000 units, and the engine plant will have an initial annual capacity of 270,000 engines,” the statement said.
- Tamil Nadu okay with Ford's decision to invest in Gujarat - Jul 28, 2011
- New Ford factory to create 5,000 jobs in Gujarat - Sep 05, 2011
- Ford India to benefit from economies of scale - Sep 20, 2011
- Ford launches new SUV, to invest $142 million - Jan 04, 2012
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Anand Mahindra gets global leadership award - Jun 13, 2012
- Peugeot to set up Rs.4000 crore facility in Gujarat - Sep 02, 2011
- Ford to invest $72 mn to expand engine plant - May 17, 2011
- Ford India to export Eco Sport; offers petrol, diesel versions - Jul 17, 2012
- Ford to export Figo to Mexico, Middle East, North Africa - Mar 09, 2011
- Ford India to invest Rs.750 crore in Chennai plant - Jan 20, 2012
- Ford India expects 10 percent sales growth - May 22, 2012
- Honda to invest $800 mn in Mexico - Aug 14, 2011
- Maruti Suzuki to buy land in Gujarat for unit - Oct 29, 2011
- Audi to build $1.3 bn plant in Mexico - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: 1 billion, africa regions, asia pacific, assembly operations, body paint, business environment, chief executive, crore, environment infrastructure, gandhinagar, gujarat government, joe hinrichs, manufacturing plant, memorandum of understanding, mou, northwestern india, ports, pro business, sanad, skilled workforce