Ford Q1 profit down 45 percent year on yearApril 28th, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Chicago, April 28 (IANS) US automaker Ford Motor Co. has reported that it notched a profit of $1.4 billion in the first quarter of 2012, a decrease of 45 percent compared to the same period of last year, as higher tax expenses and a heavy loss in the European market affected its overall performance.
Ford said in a Friday statement that its first-quarter revenue of $32.4 billion was also $700 million down from a year ago.
Higher tax expenses, lower wholesale volumes, and the difficult economic situation in Europe were cited by Ford as main reasons for the earnings decline, although the
automaker still posted a pre-tax operating profit for the 11th consecutive quarter, reported Xinhua.
Before taxes, total net income for Ford was $2.3 billion. However, that was also down 19 percent, or $544 million, from the 2011 first quarter.
Ford’s profit appeared somewhat dragged down by its global divisions in the first quarter, as the automaker actually saw improved performance in North America.
The company’s North America pre-tax profit was $2.1 billion, up $289 million from the first quarter of 2011. Ford noted that this was the highest quarterly profit for the region since at least 2000.
- Ford Q2 net income down - Jul 26, 2012
- Ford's net income stands at $20.2 bn in 2011 - Jan 28, 2012
- Ford posts $20.2 bn net income - Jan 28, 2012
- Exxon Mobil's earnings fall - Apr 27, 2012
- HSBC to cut 25,000 jobs by 2013 - Aug 02, 2011
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- GM posts $7.6 bn net profit for 2011 - Feb 17, 2012
- Chrysler, Ford sales up in January - Feb 02, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jul 16, 2012
- Exide Q1 net profit slips 7 percent - Jul 16, 2012
- Pandit's Citi makes profit with India sale - Apr 17, 2012
- Infotech's revenues up by 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Nokia reports pre-tax loss for first quarter - Apr 16, 2009
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- Fiat profit more than doubled in fourth quarter - Feb 03, 2012
Tags: 1 billion, consecutive quarter, decline, earnings, economic situation, first quarter, ford, ford motor, ford motor co, ford q1, net income, north america, operating profit, performance ford, q1 profit, quarter revenue, quarterly profit, tax profit, wholesale, xinhua