Ford India gets new headMay 1st, 2008 - 8:09 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, May 1 (IANS) Ford Motor Company has elevated Michael Boneham as president and managing director of Ford India Private Limited effective June 1 in place of Arvind Mathew who has been shifted to the US. Ford India made the announcement Thursday, a day when major Indian car biggies announced their April 2008 performance.
Boneham is currently the executive director of operations at Ford India, responsible for product engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and quality.
In his new role, Boneham will be responsible for the successful and ongoing implementation of Ford India’s expansion plans - increasing production of both engines and vehicles by 2010.
According to him, the company will increase its capacity from the current 100,000 units to 250,000 units by 2010 and would roll out new models, engines and components for local and overseas markets.
Ford India had earlier announced an additional investment of $500 million.
Boneham will be the fifth head for Ford India that started operations in 1994.
Those who have so far headed the firm are: John Parker (1994-1998), Phil Spender (1999-2001), David Friedman (2001-2005) and Arvind Mathew (2005-2008).
- Ford to invest $72 mn to expand engine plant - May 17, 2011
- Ford mulls fresh investments, plant expansion in India - Apr 07, 2011
- Ford India to export Eco Sport; offers petrol, diesel versions - Jul 17, 2012
- Ford India expects 10 percent sales growth - May 22, 2012
- New Ford factory to create 5,000 jobs in Gujarat - Sep 05, 2011
- Ford India to benefit from economies of scale - Sep 20, 2011
- Ford's August sales up nine percent - Sep 01, 2011
- Ford's Figo crosses one lakh-sales mark - Jul 01, 2011
- Ford launches small car Figo - Sep 23, 2009
- Ford India to export Figo to Asia-Pacific markets - Jul 05, 2010
- Cess on diesel vehicles regressive: Ford India - Feb 16, 2012
- Ford India to export Figo, engines to South Africa - Feb 05, 2010
- Ford India logs sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- India to become hub for small engines for Ford - Jun 15, 2010
- Ford's domestic sales up 11 percent - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: arvind, david friedman, director of operations, executive director, ford, ford india, ford motor, ford motor company, implementation, indian car, john parker, managing director, mathew, may 1, models, overseas markets, product engineering, spender