Ford India expands distribution networkFebruary 16th, 2010 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 16 (IANS) Ford India Tuesday expanded its distribution network by opening 28 new dealerships in 24 cities to cater to the anticipated demand for its small car Figo which is set to hit the roads next month.
With 28 new dealerships, the new retail stores have increased to 164 in 97 cities.
“Growing our dealership base, building strong business fundamentals and getting closer to our customers are areas of high priority as we gear up to launch our new Figo and enter this high volume segment in 2010,” Ford India president and managing director Michael Boneham said.
“Tier II and III cities are significant for Ford. We have opened new facilities in 13 Tier III cities today (Tuesday), and more than 40 percent of Ford service outlets are now located in secondary markets,” he added.
- Ford India to benefit from economies of scale - Sep 20, 2011
- Cess on diesel vehicles regressive: Ford India - Feb 16, 2012
- Ford India launches much-awaited 'Figo' in New Delhi - Mar 09, 2010
- Bata to focus on women and kids segment - May 30, 2012
- Ford launches small car Figo with four variants - Mar 09, 2010
- Ford India to expand Figo's export market - Nov 02, 2010
- Manufacturing, engineering firms up hiring from smaller cities - Aug 20, 2011
- Bata to focus on tier II, III cities, rural markets - Jun 28, 2011
- Ford India's total sales grew in October - Nov 01, 2011
- Online retailer Yepmeshopping plans own clothing labels - Jan 21, 2011
- GM to launch more dealerships - Sep 14, 2012
- Canon to open 300 outlets across India's small towns - Nov 22, 2011
- Ford India to export Eco Sport; offers petrol, diesel versions - Jul 17, 2012
- Ford India to raise localisation levels - Apr 22, 2009
- Ford India's January sales zoom over four times - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: business fundamentals, dealership base, distribution network, figo, ford, ford india, ford service, high priority, high volume, managing director, new retail stores, secondary markets, segment, service outlets, small car, tier ii