For South Africa, Delhi trade fair is road to global marketNovember 15th, 2011 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
Pretoria, Nov 15 (IANS) South Africa’s art and craft sector views its participation in the annual India International Trade Fair (IITF) as a big opportunity to promote its national culture in the international market, state-run news agency BuaNews reported.
This year a group of 19 South African businessmen and women from the art and craft field have been invited to showcase their products at the 31st IITF which commenced in India’s national capital New Delhi Monday (Nov 14).
The visiting group is accompanied by the Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry, Elizabeth Thabethe, who is also set to hold talks with Indian Minister of State for Commerce and Industries Jyotiraditya Scindia and Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Virbhadra Singh.
Thabethe said she viewed this event as an opportunity for the selected crafters from different provinces to put their products on the world platform.
“South Africa first participated in the IITF in 2008 and the good reception that the South African products received in New Delhi encouraged us to send more business persons to display their products and market them internationally,” Thabethe said.
- India, South Africa to cooperate in SME sector - Nov 15, 2011
- South African handicrafts huge draw at Delhi trade fair - Nov 16, 2011
- South Africa explores India's small business success - Aug 20, 2012
- South Africa keen to have Indian investments - Aug 22, 2012
- South Africa expects more trade cooperation with India - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Women of India, South Africa should partner each other' - Aug 22, 2012
- India, southern African nations to have trade pact - Sep 22, 2011
- India mulling free trade pacts with African countries - May 15, 2012
- International trade fair begins Monday - Nov 13, 2011
- India's share in global trade up: Minister - May 09, 2012
- Horse ban hits key South African export - Nov 20, 2011
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- Australia, South Africa to make joint films - Jun 19, 2010
- South Africa remembers Indians with postage stamps - Nov 30, 2011
- 'Women have a major role in global economy' - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: art and craft, business persons, craft field, craft sector, deputy minister, global market, iitf, india international, indian minister, international trade, jyotiraditya scindia, minister of state, national culture, New Delhi, news agency, pretoria, run news, small and medium enterprises, south african businessmen, world platform