For Chinese, business dinners are ‘unwelcome banquets’February 15th, 2012 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 15 (IANS) A huge number of Chinese people hate attending banquets, with business dinners at the top of six “most unwelcome” banquets, a study has found.
More than 56 percent of people complain about attending banquets too often, the China Youth Daily reported.
The Social Research Centre of the China Youth Daily polled a total of 1,704 people to look into their views on dinner gatherings.
Business dinners were at the top of most unwelcome banquets at 65 percent.
Friends’ wedding banquets came in second at 46 percent, colleague gatherings was third with 39 percent, classmate parties was fourth at 33 percent while wedding banquets of relatives were at 24 percent.
Around 73 percent of respondents feel “anxious” about attending banquets.
Nine percent were willing to attend, but two percent flatly refused to join in for dinner parties.
The survey explained why people have anxiety about attending banquets.
Drinking was first with 84 percent, no common topics to discuss was second at 57 percent, getting gifts was third with 50 percent, and party timings was at 33 percent.
- 1,704-meter-long noodle from China is world's longest - Mar 14, 2011
- How to bring out that social butterfly in you - Nov 21, 2010
- Chinese concerned at TV's negative effects - Feb 25, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to leave for third BRICS Summit in China tomorrow - Apr 11, 2011
- We're having two weddings on two consecutive days: Ram Charan Teja - Jun 12, 2012
- House buying could be prematurely ageing us - Nov 07, 2011
- Over 50 fall ill at China wedding - May 07, 2012
- Facebook, Twitter lowering your confidence? - Jul 09, 2012
- Chinese youth reluctant to wed before buying home - Jun 05, 2011
- Royal wedding creating online buzz every ten seconds: Study - Apr 25, 2011
- Texting after bedtime can make kids anxious, depressed - Nov 09, 2010
- Nitin Gadkari's son's four-day mega wedding bash begins - Dec 01, 2010
- Woody Allen asks for invite to royal wedding - Dec 07, 2010
- Strong iPad shipments drive tablet market growth - Aug 03, 2012
- DMK's Baalu to attend UPA second anniversary - May 22, 2011