Food processing industry can help northeastNovember 24th, 2011 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, Nov 24 (IANS) Food processing industries can play “a very important role” in the development of India’s northeast, Mizoram Governor V. Purushothaman said Thursday.
He spoke while inaugurating a one-day industrial summit organised by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham).
The governor said: “Food processing industries can play a very important role in the economic development of India, specially in the far flung areas of the northeastern region.”
To encourage investors from outside to set up projects, such a summit will assimilate medium, small and budding entrepreneurs with various government schemes, he added.
The governor said the agro-climatic condition of Mizoram was conducive to agricultural and horticultural crops.
Currently, Mizoram has no major or medium-scale industry.
Assocham senior director Ombeer S. Tyagi said: “Assocham can play a synchronising role between the central, state governments, investors of outside the state and local entrepreneurs to set up joint venture projects in Mizoram and elsewhere in the region.”
- Mizoram holds first ever investors' summit - May 31, 2011
- African countries invite Indian investment in agriculture - Jun 21, 2012
- Kerala woos prospective investors from Karnataka - Jul 20, 2012
- Packaged food industry to touch $30 bn by 2015 - Apr 29, 2012
- West Bengal to set up 31 cold storage facilities - Feb 02, 2011
- Assocham's development blueprint for Jharkhand - Oct 22, 2010
- Assocham for state's role in land acquisition for industry - Oct 09, 2011
- Northeast defies militant boycott calls on R-Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Northeast hopes to draw much business from Mumbai summit - Jan 13, 2011
- Mizoram launches new policy, shifts to permanent farming - Jan 15, 2011
- Polish food processing industry to explore India investment options - Jul 29, 2009
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
- Indian venture to empower unemployed youth of Africa - May 08, 2011
- Bengal should set up nuclear plants, SEZs: Assocham - Nov 07, 2011
- Bengal moves to recover WBIDC loans - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: aizawl, assocham, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, climatic condition, economic development of india, food processing industries, government schemes, horticultural crops, industry of india, investors, joint venture, local entrepreneurs, medium scale industry, mizoram, northeastern region, state governments, summit, tyagi, venture projects