Food inflation climbs to 9.13 percentJune 23rd, 2011 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) India’s food inflation rose to 9.13 percent for the week ended June 11, compared to 8.96 percent recorded in the previous week, official data showed Thursday.
The high inflation figures comes a week after the Reserve Bank of India hiked interest rates again — the 10th time since March 2010.
As per data released by the commerce and industry ministry, the primary articles index fell to 12.62 percent compared to 12.86 percent in the previous week.
The index for fuels and power was unchanged at 12.84 percent.
The following are the yearly rise and fall in prices of some main commodities that form the sub-index for food articles:
Onions: 11.89 percent
Vegetables: (-) 9.27 percent
Fruits: 28.66 percent
Potatoes: 0.71 percent
Milk: 15.3 percent
Eggs, meat, fish: 10.56 percent
Cereals: 4.32 percent
Rice: 1.82 percent
Wheat: (-) 1 percent
Pulses: (-) 10.34 percent
- Food inflation at 10-week high; Pranab terms it unacceptable (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- High inflation not acceptable: Pranab - Jun 23, 2011
- Food inflation slips a tad to 8.96 percent - Jun 16, 2011
- Food inflation is down sharply - Jun 30, 2011
- Food inflation drops for the second week - Jul 07, 2011
- Food inflation comes down sharply (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 9.13 percent - Sep 29, 2011
- India's food inflation declines - Jul 21, 2011
- Food inflation rises 9.41 percent; Pranab expresses concern - Oct 07, 2011
- Food inflation rises to 8.31 percent - Jul 14, 2011
- Food inflation rises marginally to 8.76 percent - Apr 28, 2011
- Food inflation slips marginally, still above comfort level - Oct 13, 2011
- Prices of pulses, fruits keep India's food inflation high - Sep 09, 2010
- Food inflation falls to 39-month low of 6.6 percent - Dec 08, 2011
- Food inflation remains in negative - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: articles index, bank of india, cereals, commodities, eggs, fish, food articles, fruits, industry ministry, inflation figures, interest rates, june 23, New Delhi, onions, potatoes, reserve bank of india, rise and fall, vegetables, wheat