Focus shifts to smaller hydel power projects: OmarJuly 7th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 7 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Thursday unveiled a new hydroelectric projects development policy.
“The power policy from the generation point of view has traditionally focused on large hydel power projects. The power potential for smaller projects has not been exploited,” he told reporters.
“Need was felt to revisit the policy and today the state cabinet finally approved the new policy.”
Describing the salient features of the policy, the chief minister said it shall apply to hydropower projects of estimated installed capacity ranging from 2 to 100 megawatts.
Omar said the projects would be offered to the bidders on concession for a period of 35 years from the scheduled commercial operational date.
“At the end of the concession period, the projects shall be transferred to the state on payment of terminal value without any encumbrances unless the period is extended beyond 35 years on mutually agreed terms.”
- Hydropower firms owe Rs.264 crore to Himachal government - Aug 28, 2012
- Hydro-power key to India's energy security: Study - Jun 21, 2012
- Pay market price of power, Omar tells grumbling people - Jun 21, 2012
- NHPC never had ownership rights over power projects: Kashmir - Jan 10, 2012
- Depleting water sources in Himachal worry locals - Jun 05, 2012
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- Reliance Power gets 5 hydel projects in Himachal - Mar 18, 2011
- Norwegian hydropower firms express interest in India - Apr 21, 2012
- Myntdu Leskha hydel project commissioned - Feb 29, 2012
- Power supply to return to normal Monday: Omar - Jan 09, 2012
- Chinese firm to invest in Pakistan hydel power projects - Apr 06, 2011
- Kashmir power projects to be allotted through tenders - Mar 06, 2010
- CAG raps government for allowing DIAL levy development fee - Aug 17, 2012
- J and K Govt to create investors friendly atmosphere: Omar - Jun 18, 2010
- China wants Myanmar to discuss joint hydro project - Oct 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,