FM on market crash: SEBI’s proposal is to moderate investment via PNNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
The Finance Minister went on to say that the move is the culmination of the measures discussed between the SEBI, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Central Government.
The Sensex opened with a negative gap of 1,014 points at 18,038 in the backdrop of (SEBI) discussion paper on the participatory notes (PN).
The trading at BSE has been stopped for an hour.
Top losers among the BSE 30 scrips include Reliance Energy (down 18 per cent), Reliance Communication (down 15.9 per cent), ICICI Bank (down 11.8 per cent), NTPC (down 11.8 per cent), BHEL (down 11.7 per cent) and Reliance Industries (down 11.3 per cent).
The NSE Nifty opened 284 points lower to 5384. The index is now down 524 points at 5144. (ANI)
- Stock market revives following Chidambaram's statement (Lead:Markets-Stock Market) - Nov 14, 2007
- Sensex closes above 19,000, broader markets end dull (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2011
- Sensex rises 285 points, snaps four-day fall (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Profit booking wipes out intra-day Sensex gains (Roundup) - Dec 06, 2010
- Day after rally, Sensex takes a breather - Sep 28, 2011
- Sensex continues 5-week rally, closes 102 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex marches on, FII money continues to pour in (Roundup) - Sep 20, 2010
- Sensex closes 356 points higher, led by RIL, Infosys - Sep 20, 2011
- After nosedive, crashed Sensex recovers by 1, 500 pts(Lead: Sensex) - Nov 14, 2007
- Sensex gains 457 points; likely to remain bullish (Weekly market review) - Jul 01, 2012
- Sensex rises on short covering, positive global cues - Sep 27, 2011
- Markets lacklustre, Sensex closes 62 points lower (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2011
- Sensex up 222 points, bank, auto and IT stocks rally (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex soars 5.2 percent for the week as optimism returns (Weekly market review) - Mar 26, 2011
- Sensex slips into red after quiet start - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: bank of india, bhel, bse, central government, chidambaram, culmination, discussion paper, finance minister, gap, icici bank, market crash, nse, ntpc, pn, reliance industries, reserve bank of india, scrips, sebi, sensex, stock markets