Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flightsJune 15th, 2011 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 15 (IANS) Dubai’s low cost carrier Flydubai has added Hyderabad as its second destination in India with the operation of the first flight between the two cities.
Hyderabad is Flydubai’s 37th global destination and the second in India after Lucknow.
Flydubai Chief Executive Officer Ghaith Al Ghaith told reporters that the airline is looking to expand its operations and is ready to connect any destination in India.
Flydubai, which is set up by the government of Dubai, will operate Dubai-Hyderabad flights three times a week. The first flight landed at Hyderabad on Sunday.
Flight FZ435 will depart Dubai Terminal 2 on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 8:30 p.m. and arrive in Hyderabad at 1:45 a.m. the next day. The return flight FZ436 will depart Hyderabad at 2:30 a.m. and land in Dubai at 4:40 a.m. (all times local).
The one-way fare from Hyderabad to Dubai starts from Rs.8,000 inclusive of seven kg hand baggage and from Dubai to Hyderabad from AED585.
Ghaith said the airline was providing low-cost but good quality alternative for the millions of expatriates living in the UAE.
Flydubai operates 530 flights every week to 37 destinations across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and the fringes of Europe. With the launch of Dubai-Hyderabad flight, its flights to India have increased to six a week.
The airline, which started operations in 2009, presently has 17 Boeing 737-NG800 aircraft. The number is expected to go up to 21 by the end of the current year.
It had ordered 50 Boeing 737-NG800 and the last delivery is expected by the end of 2016. It invested $4 billion for the fleet.
- Flydubai doubles fleet - Aug 04, 2011
- Flydubai launches flights to Hyderabad - May 16, 2011
- flydubai announces flights to Ahmedabad - Aug 08, 2011
- UAE's flydubai debuts in India with Lucknow flight - Jun 03, 2010
- Flydubai adds new Boeing to fleet - Jun 18, 2010
- UAE envoy favours more direct flights to India - Jun 15, 2011
- SpiceJet to start daily flights to Dubai - Jun 08, 2012
- Flydubai launches flights to Kabul - May 18, 2010
- Flydubai announces new service to Bangladesh - Jan 06, 2011
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- India-UAE trade up 70 percent: Envoy - Jun 03, 2010
- Flydubai gets 13 Boeing 730-800 aircraft - Dec 23, 2010
- Flydubai to start flights to Belgrade - Sep 19, 2011
- Flydubai to reimburse travel costs during Ramadan - Jul 19, 2010
- Tiger Airways Hyderabad-Singapore flight from September - Jul 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,