Flydubai doubles fleetAugust 4th, 2011 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 3 (IANS/WAM) Flydubai, Dubai’s pioneering low-cost airline, has doubled the size of its fleet within a year following the arrival of its 18th aircraft last week.
Marking yet another milestone for Dubai’s first low-cost carrier, the new Boeing 737-800 NG represents an investment of $80 mn and is the latest delivery of 50 ordered by Flydubai at the 2008 Farnborough Airshow.
Commenting on the new arrival, Flydubai CEO, Ghaith Al Ghaith, said, “We are the world’s fastest growing start-up airline and a significant contributor to our success has been our young, efficient and expanding fleet.
Flydubai started operations as Dubai’s first low-cost airline in June 2009 with daily flights to Beirut, Lebanon.
The airline targets destinations within a 4.5 hour flight-radius of Dubai, and currently has operations to 38 cities, with five additional routes - Ufa and Kazan in Russia as well as Ukrainian destinations Kiev, Donetsk and Kharkov - scheduled to commence in September 2011.
- Flydubai adds new Boeing to fleet - Jun 18, 2010
- Flydubai launches flights to Hyderabad - May 16, 2011
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- flydubai announces flights to Ahmedabad - Aug 08, 2011
- Flydubai announces new service to Bangladesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Flydubai gets 13 Boeing 730-800 aircraft - Dec 23, 2010
- Flydubai launches flights to Kabul - May 18, 2010
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow to tap expat traffic (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- Flydubai to start flights to Belgrade - Sep 19, 2011
- Flydubai to reimburse travel costs during Ramadan - Jul 19, 2010
- Flydubai launches services for two Russian cities - Oct 21, 2010
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow - May 11, 2010
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- India-UAE trade up 70 percent: Envoy - Jun 03, 2010
- UAE's flydubai debuts in India with Lucknow flight - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: beirut, beirut lebanon, boeing, boeing 737 800, ceo, contributor, donetsk, dubai, farnborough airshow, fleet, kazan, kiev, low cost airline, low cost carrier, milestone, new arrival, radius, targets, ufa, wam