flydubai announces flights to AhmedabadAugust 8th, 2011 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 8 (IANS/WAM) The UAE’s low-cost airline flydubai Monday announced its flights to Ahmedabad — the world’s third fastest growing city and the airline’s 44th destination.
Flights from Dubai to India’s seventh largest city will operate weekly on Saturdays from Aug 27. A one-way ticket will cost about 550 dirhams.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of flydubai, said: “Ahmedabad is the largest city in Gujarat and I am delighted to be able to announce today (Monday) that it will become the third Indian city on flydubai’s rapidly expanding network.
“The growing Indian expatriate population in the UAE and the increasing reliance our two nations have on each other for our economic growth and development, makes the introduction of quality, affordable direct flights between the UAE and India’s numerous secondary airports very important.
“I would like to thank the Indian authorities for granting us the permission to fly to this exciting destination. flydubai looks forward to extending a very warm welcome to the passengers travelling between Ahmedabad and Dubai and we look forward to being able to extend our service to other Indian cities in the future.”
- Flydubai launches flights to Hyderabad - May 16, 2011
- Flydubai doubles fleet - Aug 04, 2011
- Flydubai to start flights to Belgrade - Sep 19, 2011
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- Flydubai announces new service to Bangladesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow - May 11, 2010
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow to tap expat traffic (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- UAE envoy favours more direct flights to India - Jun 15, 2011
- Flydubai launches services for two Russian cities - Oct 21, 2010
- India-UAE trade up 70 percent: Envoy - Jun 03, 2010
- Flydubai launches flights to Kabul - May 18, 2010
- Flydubai adds new Boeing to fleet - Jun 18, 2010
- Flydubai to reimburse travel costs during Ramadan - Jul 19, 2010
- UAE, Panama sign 'open sky' agreement - Nov 17, 2010
- UAE, Cote d'Ivoire sign air services agreement - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: ceo, direct flights, dirhams, economic growth and development, expanding network, expatriate population, fastest growing city, fly, growth and development, gujarat, indian authorities, indian cities, low cost airline, reliance, saturdays, secondary airports, snb, uae, warm welcome, way ticket