Flydubai, a new low cost airline launched in DubaiApril 7th, 2009 - 11:17 am ICT by ANI
Dubai, Apr 7 (ANI): The prevailing financial crisis has not deterred the emirate of Dubai to launch a new low cost airline, called Flydubai.
The new airline aims at offering an easy and affordable way to travel in the Middle East region, starting with two next-generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft, with 189 economy seats each.
Flydubai Chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktum, speaking to reporters on Monday, said that the airline would start flights next June to Beirut and Amman. Flydubai
Flydubai will be based at Terminal 2 of Dubai International Airport and has already appointed over 60 captains, 18 first officers and 80-cabin crew.
The airline has simplified the check-in process by issuing boarding passes, instead of paper or e-tickets, which means passengers are checked-in once their booking is paid for.
Passengers will be ale to book online at flydubai.com at no charge or through the flydubai call centre. The fare includes all taxes and a 10 kg hand baggage allowance.
CEO Ghaith Al Ghaith has said that Flydubai as a true low cost airline, has look very hard at ways to make its operations more efficient and added: “If we find a cost that can be eliminated, we will - with savings passed onto our customers.” (ANI)
- Flydubai doubles fleet - Aug 04, 2011
- Flydubai adds new Boeing to fleet - Jun 18, 2010
- UAE's flydubai debuts in India with Lucknow flight - Jun 03, 2010
- flydubai announces flights to Ahmedabad - Aug 08, 2011
- Flydubai launches Hyderabad-Dubai flights - Jun 15, 2011
- Flydubai to reimburse travel costs during Ramadan - Jul 19, 2010
- Flydubai announces new service to Bangladesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Flydubai launches flights to Kabul - May 18, 2010
- Flydubai launches flights to Hyderabad - May 16, 2011
- Flydubai to start flights to Belgrade - Sep 19, 2011
- Flydubai gets 13 Boeing 730-800 aircraft - Dec 23, 2010
- Flydubai to start flights to Lucknow, Coimbatore, Chandigarh - Jun 24, 2009
- Flydubai launches services for two Russian cities - Oct 21, 2010
- Emirates Post Office to act as Flydubai's selling agent - May 27, 2009
- Flydubai starts flights to Lucknow to tap expat traffic (Lead) - May 11, 2010
Tags: aims, amman, baggage allowance, beirut, boeing, boeing 737 800, boeing 737 800 aircraft, cabin crew, call centre, ceo, dubai international airport, emirate, financial crisis, flights, hand baggage, kg, low cost airline, new low cost airline, next generation, terminal 2