Flush of colours Manoviraj Khosla’s showSeptember 4th, 2011 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 4 (IANS) Manoviraj Khosla?s name is synonymous with bright colours, and this time too at the Van Heusen India Mens Week Sunday, the designer didn?t shy away from splashing hues on the runway, although in a subtle manner.
This is the third time the Bangalore-based designer is participating in the mens week. In the past two seasons, he has always been making bold choices — be it bright colours or letting the boys wear hot-pants. His forte lies in being different.
This time too Khosla used colours like pink, yellow, orange and purple for some of the outfits, and balanced his line by using shades like beige, black, white and grey.
?There were colours in my line, but yes, not that much because I didn?t want to be repetitive and predictable. So the idea was to keep the signature there and work more on the wearability factor,? Khosla said.
?The line was about cool guys, nothing over the top. There was an Indian influence in it but with a bit of contemporary twist,? he added.
The designer had used the tie-and-dye technique and kept the length of the jackets shorter than normal. Folded pants, zipper jackets, waist-coats, crushed cotton shirts and linen pants teamed with funky printed shoes and bags are sure to start a new trend for men.
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Accessories to dominate Sanchita's menswear line - Aug 29, 2011
- Masked men steal hearts in multi-designer show - Sep 04, 2011
- Anil Kumble, Dino Morea charm as VHIMW showstoppers - Sep 11, 2009
- Socks turn shoes, shirts go topsy-turvy at VHIMW - Sep 03, 2011
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Katrina, Imran bring curtains down at VHIMW - Sep 05, 2011
- A collection inspired by Lord Krishna (With Image) - Jun 19, 2011
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- Designer pays tribute to Scindia with 'nerdy-royal' collection - Aug 29, 2010
- It's Shah Rukh-Gauri magic on ramp at Couture Week - Oct 17, 2009
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
Tags: beige, bright colours, cool guys, cotton shirts, different this time, hot pants, hues, indian influence, linen pants, New Delhi, new trend, shades, subtle manner, third time, tie and dye, tie and dye technique, two seasons, van heusen, waist coats, zipper