Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackoutAugust 7th, 2011 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) Several dozen domestic and international flights were delayed as Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport went without power for nearly four hours early Sunday, airport officials said.
The power transformers feeding the terminal tripped due to an electrical fault, causing a blackout between 1:25 a.m. and 05:45 a.m.
“The airline staff had to check in passengers manually as baggage check-in and handling system were affected. Full power was restored at 5.46 p.m. in the entire terminal building,” said a Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) spokesperson.
While 66 incoming flights, including 25 international flights, were delayed, the schedule for 10 departing international flights was affected.
- Panel to probe power outage at Delhi airport terminal - Aug 08, 2011
- Chaos at Delhi airport's T-3 as IT systems fail (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Chaos at Delhi airport T-3 as IT systems fail - Dec 17, 2010
- Chaos at Delhi's Terminal 3 after system collapse - Dec 17, 2010
- Delhi airport snag delays 45 flights - Jun 30, 2011
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike - Apr 13, 2012
- Domestic flights' check-in opens on Airport Metro line - Jun 10, 2011
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failure (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Power cut hits London's Gatwick airport - Mar 10, 2012
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Systems crash strands thousands at Australia airports - Sep 26, 2010
- Security lapse triggers chaos at Sydney airport - Apr 19, 2011
- Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failure - Aug 10, 2011
- Stray dog delays landing of Airbus A380 at IGI Terminal-3 - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,