Fire destroys Maruti ancillary unit in GurgaonJune 20th, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, June 20 (IANS) A factory that supplied parts to passenger car maker Maruti Suzuki was gutted in a major fire here Wednesday morning, a fire official said. No one was injured in the incident.
The fire at Trim India Pvt. Ltd. broke out at 2 a.m. and continued to rage for six hours, with 20 fire tenders battling the blaze, fire officer Mahender Bhardwaj said.
The presence of inflammable rubber and plastic components stored in the factory made it difficult to bring the fire under control, he said.
The ancillary unit of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd is located in Sector 37 on the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway. It supplied door trims, luggage floor carpet, plastic and other parts to the car maker.
- Medical factory gutted in Gurgaon - May 27, 2012
- Hooda optimistic of breakthrough in Maruti impasse - Oct 20, 2011
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Two killed in workshop collapse in Gurgaon - Jan 22, 2012
- Maruti production halted, workers leave Manesar plant - Oct 14, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for fifth day, production hit - Oct 11, 2011
- Car hijacked, driver murdered on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway - Jun 11, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti suspends production at Gurgaon plant - Oct 13, 2011
- Mahapanchayat demands CBI probe into Maruti violence - Jul 23, 2012
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- Haryana gets Rs 4,700 crore industrial investment - Apr 23, 2012
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: blaze, car maker, carpet, door trims, fire officer, fire official, fire tenders, gurgaon, india ltd, india pvt ltd, luggage, maruti suzuki india, passenger car, plastic components, presence, six hours, suzuki, wednesday morning