Fire breaks out in Lucknow shopping complexOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 26 (IANS) Goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed but no casualty was reported when a major fire broke out in a garment shop here Tuesday, an official said.
The fire engulfed the garment shop on the fourth floor of the Pratap Market complex in the busy Aminabad locality. Over a hundred employees were present inside the complex at the time of the accident.
“The entire fourth floor was evacuated as the fire spread to other establishments in the complex. The fire is under control, but it will take some more time to extinguish it completely,” chief fire officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters here.
Officials believe the accident took place because of an electric short-circuiting.
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
- Major fire in co-operative office, no casualty - Apr 12, 2011
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Major fire in Lucknow building, none hurt (Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Over 20 shops gutted in Uttar Pradesh fire - Jun 16, 2010
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Massive fire in Kanpur leather factory - Mar 09, 2011
- Major fire at Kanpur power station - Jun 09, 2011
- Major fire in Meerut market, no casualty - May 02, 2011
- Major fire in Lucknow building, no casualty - Dec 03, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hospital, no casualty - Dec 14, 2010
- Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualty - Nov 20, 2010
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Six injured in fire - Aug 14, 2011