Finnish business delegation to visit India OctoberSeptember 20th, 2011 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 20 (IANS) Finland’s Minister for Economic Affairs Jyri Hakamies will lead a 60 member delegation to India next month to concide with the inauguration of the Finnish Innovation Centre in New Delhi, the country’s envoy said Tuesday.
Speaking to IANS on the sidelines of a media event held by Finnish company Stera Engineering here, Finnish Ambassador to India Terhi Hakala said: “The members of the delegation would consist of businessmen, researchers, civil servants and others.”
She said the Finnish government wants to increase the bilateral trade between India and Finland that dropped to around 800 million euros from one billion euros due to the slowdown in Europe.
The Finnish government is paying more attention on the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) as they are important to the nation’s economic growth, added Hakala.
Speaking about the Innovation Centre - Finland’s fifth in the world - Hakala said it would focus on healthcare, clean technologies, education and urbanisation.
She said there are around 100 Finnish companies in India and most of them are located in Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi and Pune.
“Around 20 Indian companies are in Finland,” Hakala added.
Earlier Jyri Kontio, managing director of Stera Engineering, said they are looking at India as a good market for their mechanical and electromechanical products.
“We will look at telecom, elevator, medical equipment and other segments for our products,” he said.
Operating in India for nearly a year, Stera Engineering inaugurated its new three million euros facility here Tuesday.
“The financial breakeven will happen in six months time. By 2015 we hope to achieve a turnover of 10 million euros,” Kontio said.
- 'One MP per 27,000 people in Finland' (With images) - Apr 25, 2012
- India, Finland sign social security accord - Jun 12, 2012
- Finland offers Kashmir help in harnessing renewable energy - Jun 12, 2011
- India, Finland to discuss heightened defence cooperation - Apr 23, 2010
- Next wave of Finnish companies on way to India - Jun 18, 2010
- A Finnish solution to arsenic water in India - Sep 09, 2012
- A Finnish solution to arsenic water in India (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Finnish Defence Minister receives a guard of honour - Apr 27, 2010
- Finland owes innovative bent to research spending - Oct 02, 2011
- Finnish energy major Moventas to set up base in India - Mar 26, 2011
- Finland better off within Eurozone: Finnish PM - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Urbanisation, increasing demand challenge for auto sector' - Oct 06, 2011
- Finland hopeful of EU-India trade agreement: Finnish minister - Oct 28, 2010
- Startup Village inks pact with Finland's ACE - Sep 07, 2012
- Kone Elevators plans to export components from new factory - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: bilateral trade, breakeven, chennai, civil servants, companies in india, economic affairs, electromechanical products, finnish ambassador, finnish business delegation, finnish companies, finnish company, finnish government, hakala, innovation centre, member delegation, one billion, small and medium enterprises, technologies education, terhi, urbanisation