Finnair’s April traffic up 10 percentMay 8th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Helsinki, May 8 (IANS) Nordic carrier Finnair Monday reported a 10 percent rise in passenger traffic in April.
“We saw positive development in passenger load factors in all scheduled traffic categories in April,” said Erno Hilden, chief financial officer, Finnair.
“In domestic and European traffic passenger load factors improved by more than 10 percentage points.”
According to the company, the total passenger traffic was impacted by the healthy growth in Asian and European traffic. With Asian traffic growing by 13.6 percent and European traffic rising by 14.2 percent in the month under review.
The airline’s traffic, which is measured in revenue passenger kilometres, rose by 10 percent, while the overall capacity was flat on a year-on-year basis. The passenger carrier’s load factor also improved by 7.1 percentage points and was 76.4 percent.
The airline said that in the corresponding period of last year its traffic was impacted by the tsunami in Japan and by the events related to the Arab spring.
The company added that its arrival punctuality was at high level in March with 86.8 percent of all scheduled traffic arriving on schedule.
- Finnair's March traffic up 11.6 percent - Apr 23, 2012
- Finnair's August passenger load factor up 3.9 percent - Sep 07, 2012
- Finnair traffic grows 3 percent in February - Mar 13, 2011
- Finnair's July traffic up 23.9 percent - Aug 16, 2011
- Pact with Kingfisher sees Finnair's Asia traffic look up - Sep 12, 2011
- Finnair's Asian traffic up seven percent in January - Feb 09, 2011
- Finnair's business class passengers grew last month - Jan 09, 2010
- Finnair serves seven more Indian cities in pact with Kingfisher - Aug 28, 2011
- Finnair achieves 2.5 percent growth in 2010 - Jan 09, 2011
- Finnair reports strong Asian growth - Jul 10, 2010
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Finnair ties up with Kingfisher for smooth connectivity to Europe - Dec 19, 2010
- India demand spurs daily Delhi service by Finnair (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Finnair to make Helsinki-Delhi operations a daily service - Nov 07, 2010
- Finnair sees India as key market for tourism, transit - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: airline, asian traffic, chief financial officer, european traffic, finnair, helsinki, load factors, passenger carrier, passenger traffic, percentage points, punctuality, revenue passenger kilometres, tsunami, tsunami in japan