Finnair to test anti-jet lag headsetsMarch 10th, 2012 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
Helsinki, March 10 (IANS) In a bid to provide hassle free travel, Nordic carrier Finnair Saturday said it will start a unique pilot project to test a revolutionary headset technology which helps in fighting jet lag.
“Introducing the Valkee bright light headset is one way of adding interesting experiences onboard Finnair flights,” Finnair vice president Jarkko Konttinen said.
“Finnair is an innovative airline and we actively look for new ways to improve the wellbeing and comfort of our passengers,” he added.
According to the carrier, the headset works by emanating a bright light into the brain via the ear canal, thereby stimulating passengers and helping them to better adapt to jet lag.
“Bright light headset simulates the effects of daylight by channeling bright light through the ear canal to very close proximity of the tissue in need of treatment, in the brain,” the airline said in a statement.
Jet Lag is mainly caused due to the brain’s inability to adjust to the change in time zone while travelling on long distance flights. This is a physiological condition suffered by long distance flight passengers.
Major symptoms of jet lag includes headaches, fatigue coupled with irregular sleep patterns.
The pilot service will be offered in business class between Helsinki and Shanghai from March-end until April end.
- Finnair plans video game contest on Singapore flight - Sep 01, 2011
- Globetrot free on Finnair and yet get to comment, critise - Sep 13, 2011
- Finnair introduces special facilities at 13 airports - Nov 05, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines, Finnair enhance frequent flyer cooperation - Mar 18, 2011
- Finnair not averse to Kingfisher's direct flights to Helsinki - Sep 14, 2011
- Finnair to make Helsinki-Delhi operations a daily service - Nov 07, 2010
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Finnair retains its four-star rating by Skytrax - Apr 13, 2012
- Finnair starts service to western China city of Chongqing - May 17, 2012
- Photo on Delhi that made into final of Finnair competition (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Finnair inks dotcom alliance for hotel bookings - Sep 11, 2012
- Finnair adjudged best north European airline for third year - Jul 13, 2012
- Finnair serves seven more Indian cities in pact with Kingfisher - Aug 28, 2011
- Finnair's August passenger load factor up 3.9 percent - Sep 07, 2012
- Finnair to test new menu - May 31, 2012
Tags: business class, change in time, ear canal, finnair, finnair flights, flight passengers, free travel, headset technology, headsets, jarkko, long distance flight, new ways, physiological condition, pilot project, pilot service, revolutionary headset, sleep patterns, symptoms of jet lag, time zone, wellbeing