Finnair Plus internet shop a boon for frequent fliersJune 16th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Helsinki, June 16 (IANS) Finnair has become the first airline in the Nordic countries to open an internet shop, shifting Finnair Plus members’ opportunities to use their frequent-flyer points into a new era, the airline said Tuesday.
From the Finnair Plus Shop, members can buy products with Plus points alone, with cash, or with a combination of both. Members can adjust the ratio of points and cash used to make purchases themselves, according to how many points they wish to use.
“In the first stage, we are offering a range of approximately 1,300 products, but new items will be continually added. At the moment we mainly have design products, but we intend, for example, to increase the range of electronics,” explained Anna Korpi, who is responsible for Finnair Plus marketing.
All the leading Finnish design brands are on sale, for example Hackman, Iittala and Marimekko, as well as renowned international names such as Design House Stockholm, Eva Solo and Normann Copenhagen.
“The idea to open the Plus Shop came directly from our frequent flyers, who have wished for wider opportunities to use their points. To date, there have been limited opportunities to use smaller amounts of points,” Korpi said.
Those who do not belong to the frequent-flyer scheme can also buy products in the Finnair Plus Shop.
The internet shop is located at www.finnairplusshop.com.
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- Finnair ties up with Kingfisher for smooth connectivity to Europe - Dec 19, 2010
- Russia's S7 Airlines to join oneworld alliance in November - Sep 25, 2010
- Kingfisher ties-up with American Airlines - Nov 03, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines, Finnair enhance frequent flyer cooperation - Mar 18, 2011
- Delta acquires minority stake in Brazilian airline - Dec 08, 2011
- Finnair inks dotcom alliance for hotel bookings - Sep 11, 2012
- Kingfisher, British Airways ink frequent flyer pact - Dec 17, 2010
- Photo on Delhi that made into final of Finnair competition (With Image) - Mar 21, 2012
- Finnair not averse to Kingfisher's direct flights to Helsinki - Sep 14, 2011
- SriLankan Airlines to join global airline alliance - Jun 11, 2012
- Finland's Merimekko seeks Indian market with bold designs - Jun 17, 2012
- Except tickets, Indians aren't shopping online (With Images) - Jul 05, 2011
- Finnair introduces special facilities at 13 airports - Nov 05, 2011
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
Tags: airline, boon, eva solo, finnair, finnish design, frequent fliers, frequent flyer points, frequent flyers, hackman, helsinki, iittala, international names, korpi, marimekko, new era, nordic countries, normann copenhagen, shop members, stockholm