Finnair names new chief for India operationsAugust 12th, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Nordic carrier Finnair has named Kari Stolbow as the new chief for its operations in India - a market that has been the prime driver of its global operations in the past two years. A Finnair veteran, Stolbow will be the director for the Indian subcontinent, based out of Gurgaon on the outskirts of the national capital, the airline said in a statement.
The new director, who has been on the airline’s rolls for more than 27 years, has spent 20 of them outside of Finland - in markets including the Russia, countries of the former Soviet Union, China and the Baltics.
He started the Finnair operations in Beijing and Latvia and has worked for a short while as well in New York’s JFK and London’s Heathrow airports.
Finnair launched its direct scheduled flights between Delhi and Helsinki on Oct 30, 2006, and to Mumbai on June 27, 2007. The airline - which has been operating charters to Goa for over 20 years now - has 12 flights a week to India.
The airline’s Asian scheduled traffic saw the capacity increase by 11.9 percent in July, while the passenger traffic was up by 12 percent. The passenger load factor also logged an an impressive 79.9 percent.
In contrast, the European scheduled traffic decreased by 0.8 percent while the North Atlantic scheduled traffic capacity increased by a much lower rate of 3.3 percent, the airline statement said.
- Finnair serves seven more Indian cities in pact with Kingfisher - Aug 28, 2011
- Pact with Kingfisher sees Finnair's Asia traffic look up - Sep 12, 2011
- India demand spurs daily Delhi service by Finnair (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Kingfisher Airlines, Finnair enhance frequent flyer cooperation - Mar 18, 2011
- Finnair to start daily Helsinki-Delhi service from January - Sep 07, 2010
- Finnair deploys all-new fleet as traffic to India spurts - Mar 21, 2010
- Finnair advance bookings surge by 25 percent - Feb 18, 2012
- Finnair not averse to Kingfisher's direct flights to Helsinki - Sep 14, 2011
- Finnair's August passenger load factor up 3.9 percent - Sep 07, 2012
- Higher Indian traffic helps Finnair improve load factor - Apr 07, 2010
- Finnair sees India as key market for tourism, transit - Jun 07, 2012
- Finnair traffic grows 3 percent in February - Mar 13, 2011
- Finnair ties up with Kingfisher for smooth connectivity to Europe - Dec 19, 2010
- Finnair's business class passengers grew last month - Jan 09, 2010
- American Airlines to begin Chicago-Helsinki route - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: baltics, beijing, countries of the former soviet union, finnair, former soviet union, global operations, goa, gurgaon, heathrow airports, helsinki, india operations, indian subcontinent, jfk, june 27, New Delhi, oct 30, outskirts, passenger traffic, prime driver, traffic capacity