Finland eyes Mumbai’s tourism pieJanuary 11th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 11 (IANS) Showcasing Finland’s state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities for meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE), the country’s tourism promotion agency Tuesday said the destination has already caught the fancy of an increasing number of Indians.”Finland has already caught the fancy of an increasing number of Indians travelling to Europe due to its offer of unique experiences which include fresh air, open spaces, pristine natural beauty and urban experience,” the spokesperson of Visit Finland said.
“The destination offers a rare combination of adventure, culture and culinary experience combined with an opportunity to interact with the friendly Finnish people,” he added.
Focusing mainly on Finland’s state of the art infrastructure and facilities for MICE, the spokesperson highlighted the proximity of nature as also the organised urban environment of cities like Helsinki, Turku, Tampere and Rovaniemi.
“Lapland, the northern part of Finland sports fascinating options, starting with husky and reindeer safaris, snowmobile rides to nights in igloos and other winter sports. The accommodation available is of a high level ranging from business hotels to cosy wooden cottages,” he said.
Mumbai’s tourism market has emerged as one of the most important markets in India for Finland, he said.
“Finland hopes to tap this huge potential market by regularly promoting the destination and working closely with the travel trade of Mumbai,” he said.
- In exotic Santa land, for that adrenaline rush and peace (Travel Feature with Images) - Aug 19, 2012
- Oman invites Indian tourists - Jan 24, 2011
- Abu Dhabi among top tourist destinations: Expert - Aug 22, 2011
- 'Indian, Chinese tourists prefer Switzerland' - Jan 17, 2011
- India to attract more adventure tourists - May 27, 2011
- Spain sees 35 percent growth in Indian tourists - Sep 23, 2011
- Norwegian reindeer fitted with reflectors to avoid car crashes - Dec 23, 2010
- Monaco promotes itself as destination for upper middle-class India - Nov 24, 2010
- Subodh Kant Sahai calls for more thrust on domestic tourism - Mar 14, 2011
- China woos Indian tourists - Aug 29, 2012
- India, Mauritius to strengthen travel trade - Jul 13, 2012
- Heritage tag for more Bengal monuments, buildings: Minister - Jul 01, 2011
- Delhi Tourism sets up kiosks at two Airport Metro stations - Mar 15, 2012
- India, Israel to enhance tourism cooperation - Sep 05, 2011
- Family tourism to replace Thailand's 'sex tourism' tag - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: art infrastructure, business hotels, lapland, open spaces, potential market, pristine natural beauty, rare combination, rovaniemi, showcasing, spokesperson, tampere, tourism market, tourism promotion agency, travel trade, travelling to europe, turku, urban environment, urban experience, winter sports, wooden cottages