Finance minister has done a good job: PMFebruary 28th, 2011 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday said Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee has “done a good job” by presenting a growth-oriented and inclusive budget.
“The finance minister deserves congratulations for maintaining a high growth rate despite the adverse international economic climate,” Manmohan Singh said in an interview to the national broadcaster Doordarshan.
He did not agree to the observation that there was not much for the corporate sector in the budget.
Asked why there was no amnesty scheme to unearth black money, the prime minister said such schemes had not succeeded in the past.
The issue has to be dealt with in a “permanent and holistic manner”, Manmohan Singh added.
- Pranab has done a good job: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- No option but to bite subsidy bullet, says Manmohan (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Manmohan Singh lauds Mukherjee, says budget meets economic challenges - Feb 28, 2011
- We'll have to bite subsidy bullet: Manmohan (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Reformist Indian budget has a bit for all - households to corporates (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2011
- Manmohan Singh says Budget seeks to boost growth rate - Feb 26, 2010
- India Inc terms General Budget to be 'positive' and 'growth-oriented' - Feb 28, 2011
- IT industry terms budget pragmatic, growth-oriented - Mar 16, 2012
- Budget aims at faster, inclusive growth: PM - Mar 16, 2012
- India inc favours investments in equities, mutual funds - Aug 27, 2012
- PM discusses budget session with President - Mar 10, 2012
- PM, Sonia congratulate Pranab - Jul 22, 2012
- Gogoi presents Rs.293.44 crore deficit Assam budget - Mar 12, 2012
- Sonia praises Pranab's budget - May 09, 2012
- JD-U suggests chief ministers' meet to rationalise central schemes - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: amnesty scheme, black money, budget, corporate sector, doordarshan, economic climate, finance minister, good job, holistic manner, manmohan, manmohan singh, national broadcaster, New Delhi, observation, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh