Finance companies dominate IIM-C placementsApril 10th, 2012 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 9 (IANS) Despite the global economic slowdown, the final batch of 352 students of the Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) got placed during the campus selection, with the finance sector at 28.53 percent contributing the largest number of offers, followed by consulting companies with 26.80 percent of the offers.
The placement process conducted in slots got completed before time and witnessed the participation of over 50 well-known companies from various sectors, according to an IIM-C statement.
The ’slot zero’ placement, where the most coveted firms participate, was driven primarily by the finance sector followed by consulting and consumer good makers.
The slot zero finance firms’ compensation generally comprised a fixed component ranging from Rs.30-40 lakh for domestic locations and Rs.40-60 lakh for foreign locations, plus a bonus component ranging from 100 percent to 200 percent.
In the same slot, consulting firms offered around Rs.20-25 lakh as base package plus bonus component for Indian locations, while marketing companies offered in the range of Rs.15-20 lakh for Indian locations.
While regular recruiters like Accenture Management Consulting, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and Shell among others made offers across diverse profiles there were also 15 new companies participating in the recruitments.
Microsoft made the largest number of offers to candidates across three different profiles.
Internet and e-commerce companies also recruited candidates in large numbers. General Management roles were offered by corporate houses such as Aditya Birla Group, Hinduja, Adani Group, Punj Lloyd, Bosch, and Ericsson among others for their leadership roles.
Offers were made in the consulting domain by firms such as Deloitte, Accenture, Capgemini, CTS, PwC, and BMGI among others which recruited students for senior positions such as Consultant/Senior Consultant.
Among the top recruits is a student who would be joining as the Head of India Retail Operations for a luxury apparel brand while another would be joining as the Assistant Vice President of Sales with Genpact.
While 95 pre-placement offers were made to students by companies, where students did their summer internship there were 130 job offers for students with work experience.
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- Finance dominates IIM-Calcutta placements - Mar 10, 2011
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- More offers with dream salaries for IIM-Calcutta - Sep 28, 2010
- IIM-C's student executives from manufacturing recruited - Nov 25, 2009
- 56 percent pay hike for IIM-C students - May 20, 2010
- Salary packages of IIM-C graduates down 23 percent - Mar 10, 2009
- Finance firms lead recruitment in IIM-C summer placements - Nov 12, 2009
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- Financial sector key recruiter at IIM-Kozhikode - Mar 15, 2010
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- With 100 percent placement, cheer at youngest IIM - Mar 31, 2010
- No foreign placement for IIM Calcutta students this year - Apr 06, 2009
- 110 firms in IIM-Ahmedabad placement mela - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: accenture capgemini, amazon, birla group, bmgi, c statement, campus selection, commerce companies, corporate houses, finance companies, finance firms, finance sector, global economic slowdown, google, indian institute of management, indian institute of management calcutta, lakh, leadership roles, management roles, marketing companies, recruitments