Fifty new vehicle launches at Auto Expo 2012December 21st, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) Fifty new two-wheelers, cars, buses and trucks would be launched at the Auto Expo 2012 beginning here Jan 5.
“This year’s auto expo will have 50 launches across categories like two-wheelers, trucks, buses and cars,” S. Sandilya, president, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), said Wednesday.
The eleventh edition of the exhibition, which is held after a two-year interval, is being jointly organised by SIAM, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA).
According to Sandilya, 1,500 exhibitors from 24 countries would participate in the trade show.
“Many international companies, not only vehicle manufacturers but tyre and component makers, are also participating.”
Sandilya said the theme of the auto expo would be “Mobility for All” with special focus on green technologies in sectors such as alternative fuels, electric and hybrid vehicles.
The organisers added that this year’s expo will have new features such as online booking of tickets and a cap on the number of visitors on public days.
“The unique feature at this edition would be that people will be saved from hassles of physically buying ticket, as online booking is open,” Rajive Kaul, chairman, steering committee, Auto Expo 2012.
Kaul added that the venue at Pragati Maidan could accommodate 100,000 visitors, including 30,000 exhibitors, media and police personnel.
- Hyundai to showcase multi-purpose vehicle HND-7 at Auto Expo - Dec 29, 2011
- Mahindra to launch Duro DZ scooter at Auto Expo - Dec 27, 2011
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Thousands barge into Auto Expo, lead to chaos - Jan 06, 2012
- Anand Mahindra tweets ire at 'dismal' Auto Expo crowd control - Jan 06, 2012
- Thousands swamp Auto Expo, exhibitors fret at chaos (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Police assure smooth ride to Auto Expo (Second Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki cars to cost more - Jan 05, 2012
- Nissan unveils multi-purpose vehicle Evalia - Jan 05, 2012
- Will shift Auto Expo elsewhere if told, say oganisers (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- 'Automobile sales to rise 10-12 percent in 2012-13' - Apr 10, 2012
- Big events attract huge crowds: Auto Expo organisers - Jan 07, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki unviels compact SUV - Jan 05, 2012
- 10th Auto Expo to start Tuesday in capital - Jan 04, 2010
Tags: acma, alternative fuels, auto expo, cii, component makers, component manufacturers, confederation of indian industry, eleventh edition, exhibitors, hassles, hybrid vehicles, indian automobile manufacturers, kaul, maidan, manufacturers association, organisers, siam, steering committee, two wheelers, vehicle manufacturers