FIEO ties up with eBay, PayPal to boost exportsApril 12th, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) The Federation of Indian Export Organisation (FIEO) Thursday signed an agreement with e-commerce portal eBay and online payment provider PayPal to boost exports, said a top official.
“Exports through e-commerce in the last three years have increased by 400 percent to $1.4 billion. It is expected to grow many-fold in the coming years,” said FIEO President Rafeeque Ahmed. FIEO is the apex body for export promotion set up by the government.
He said the tie-up with eBay and PayPal would provide FIEO members an access to a target audience of over 100 million active eBay and PayPal users across the world.
Ahmed said the tie-up would help especially the small and medium enterprises, who don’t have enough resources to reach to customers outside the country.
“The marketing effort, which is quite a costly affair, will be drastically reduced for these companies with elimination of markup cost of intermediaries,” Ahmed said.
Muralikrishnan B., country manager of eBay India, said the three institutions together would help small businesses grow through online exports.
“This tie-up is a significant first step in helping the smallest of Indian retail exporters increase sales and sell directly to global customers, who want to buy Indian goods but prefer the convenience of shopping and paying safely online,” Muralikrishnan said.
- RBI permits PayPal exporters $3,000 per transaction - Oct 15, 2011
- Facebook ties up with PayPal to collect ad revenue - Feb 19, 2010
- PayPal to launch business in Russia - Aug 03, 2011
- PayPal launches partial services in Russia - Oct 14, 2011
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- PayPal set to become global payment platform - Jul 25, 2009
- Chinese relics illegally sold online - Mar 21, 2011
- US charges hackers in high-profile cyber attack - Mar 07, 2012
- India may miss $300 billion export target: FIEO - Jan 30, 2012
- Chandigarh sells maximum chess boards online: eBay - Dec 08, 2010
- eBay slammed with $3.8-billion lawsuit - Jul 15, 2010
- Delhi most active in e-commerce: eBay - Dec 08, 2010
- eBay communities make participants better buyers and sellers: Study - Dec 18, 2010
- Yahoo CEO steps down - May 14, 2012
- PayPal founder buys into New Zealand technology fund - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,