Fiat’s new schemes to promote diesel carsJuly 4th, 2011 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) In a bid to boost its diesel car sales, Italian automobile major Fiat Monday started to offer the diesel-powered Punto and Linea cars at the same price as petrol-powered vehicles.
“With the rise in petrol prices, diesel cars make for an even more attractive proposition. Fiat has been leading the diesel revolution across the world and even in India,” said Rajeev Kapoor, president and chief executive, FIAT India.
According to the company, customers would prefer to buy a diesel car due to the low running costs but are deterred because of high initial premium on them.
“Fiat will provide car buyers with a chance to own a Fiat diesel Linea or Punto at the price of the petrol variant or equivalent cash back,” the company said.
A few lucky buyers of the diesel-powered cars will get a chance to win fuel vouchers for one year.
Customers exchanging their old cars to upgrade to a Linea or Punto get an additional exchange bonus of up to Rs.20,000.
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Fiat offers festival discounts on Linea and Punto - Sep 21, 2011
- Fiat launches Grande Punto's diesel variant - Jul 16, 2010
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Maruti ramps up car production to bring down waiting period - Feb 03, 2012
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Renault launches compact SUV Duster - Jul 05, 2012
- Fiat to open 80 standalone dealerships by year-end - Sep 19, 2012
- Fiat launches Linea T-Jet, T Jet Plus - Oct 08, 2010
- Ford launches two new variants of Fiesta sedan - Jul 14, 2011
- Fiat planning hybrid, India-specific small cars - Jan 06, 2010
- Renault launches Scala sedan - Sep 07, 2012
- Nissan launches mid-size sedan Sunny - Sep 20, 2011
- Fiat India launches luxury sedan in India - Jan 16, 2009
- Hyundai launches three-new LPG powered variants of Eon - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: attractive proposition, bonus, car buyers, car sales, chief executive, company customers, diesel car, diesel cars, diesel powered cars, executive fiat, fiat, fiat diesel, italian automobile, july 4, New Delhi, old cars, petrol prices, rajeev kapoor, running costs, vouchers