Fiat to open 80 standalone dealerships by year-endSeptember 19th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 19 (IANS) To further develop its brand in India, Italian automobile major Fiat Wednesday said it expects to open 80 new standalone dealerships in the country by the end of the current fiscal.
“We plan to open 80 dealerships in the country by year-end. Around 25 are expected to come up in north and east India, around 25 in the western region and 30 in southern region,” said Ravi Bhatia, business development head for Fiat Group Automobiles India.
Bhatia was speaking at the launch of the limited edition of Punto and Linea models, called ‘Absolute’, for the festive season.
Fiat had earlier said it was targeting opening at least 22 standalone Fiat showrooms across India. The move will provide Fiat cars with an exclusive place in the showrooms.
At present, Tata and Fiat cars are sold through the same dealership.
The company added that the 178 existing Fiat-franchised Tata dealers in 129 cities will be encouraged to form the foundation of the future network.
The two-companies had formed the joint venture in 2006 under which Tata Motors was managing distribution and servicing of Fiat cars in India through joint dealerships.
However, the company maintained that the JVs manufacturing activities and assets will continue in the same manner.
The JV has a manufacturing plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra, which produces cars and powertrain engines for both Tata Motors and Fiat.
In May, Fiat formed a new company to handle distribution and service activities of its Indian subsidiary.
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
- Fiat launches new versions of Linea and Punto - Jan 04, 2012
- Fiat to open stand-alone showrooms in 20 cities - Sep 06, 2011
- Fiat to expand presence in Indian market - May 09, 2012
- Tata Motor Finance to provide financial services to Fiat cars - Nov 03, 2010
- Fiat's new schemes to promote diesel cars - Jul 04, 2011
- Fiat offers festival discounts on Linea and Punto - Sep 21, 2011
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Fiat expects surge in sales in the festive season - Aug 28, 2009
- Fiat India secures Rs.2,500 crore credit - Aug 24, 2009
Tags: business development, east india, festive season, fiat, fiat cars, fiat group, future network, indian subsidiary, italian automobile, joint venture, jv, launch, maharashtra, manufacturing plant, New Delhi, powertrain, powertrain engines, showrooms, tata motors, year end