Fiat launches new versions of Linea and PuntoJanuary 4th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 3 (IANS) Italian automaker Fiat Tuesday launched the new versions of its sedan Linea and hatchback Punto priced between Rs.4.81 lakh to Rs.6.71 lakh and Rs.6.83 lakh to Rs. 9.18 lakh respectively (ex-showroom Delhi).
Both the cars available in petrol and diesel variants, also sport extended wheel-base coupled with enhanced ground clearance and an improved air-conditioning.
“The new versions incorporate customer feedback, as well as, enhancement of upgradation in comfort and technology,” Rajeev Kapoor, president and chief executive, Fiat India Automobiles, told reporters at the new variants launch.
The new Linea also features rain-sensing wipers, an improved air-conditioner and automatic headlights.
The company further said that it plans to set up 22 stand-alone car showrooms Fiat Caffe’ which will have the same dealers, that of Tata Motors’ in the next year.
“We will go ahead and open 22 of standalone showroom in the coming year. This is done as some of our existing showrooms that we share with Tata Motors’ are out of space,” Kapoor said.
According to Kapoor, some of the showrooms would also feature standalone workshop for Fiat cars.
“Some of these showrooms may also have workshops, as even the existing workshop capacity for both Tata and Fiat cars is full. The showrooms will cater to Fiat cars.”
Under the joint venture (JV) agreement between Fiat Group and Tata Motors, both the companies share marketing and service assets.
Kapoor added that the company was planning to launch a B-segment hatchback car for the Indian market which would have specific features to suite the Indian conditions.
“We are looking at launching a sub-Punto car in the Indian market which would have India specific features from our international range,” Kapoor added.
However, he did not divulge any details about the time frame in which the car would be launched or its price range.
- Fiat to open 80 standalone dealerships by year-end - Sep 19, 2012
- Fiat launches Grande Punto's diesel variant - Jul 16, 2010
- Fiat offers festival discounts on Linea and Punto - Sep 21, 2011
- Fiat's new schemes to promote diesel cars - Jul 04, 2011
- Fiat launches Linea T-Jet, T Jet Plus - Oct 08, 2010
- Fiat to expand presence in Indian market - May 09, 2012
- New launches to dazzle visitors at Auto Expo - Jan 01, 2012
- Fiat to manage distribution of Indian subsidiary - May 02, 2012
- Fiat to open stand-alone showrooms in 20 cities - Sep 06, 2011
- Mega-launches, big-ticket announcements at Delhi Auto Expo - Jan 03, 2012
- Tata Motors launches new bus models - Dec 20, 2011
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Toyota launches diesel variant of Liva and Etios Liva - Sep 09, 2011
- Nissan launches diesel variant of mid-size sedan Sunny - Dec 12, 2011
- Hyundai launches new Elantra - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: air conditioner, car showrooms, customer feedback, executive fiat, fiat, fiat cars, fiat group, fiat india automobiles, ground clearance, headlights, italian automaker, joint venture, lakh, New Delhi, petrol, rain sensing wipers, rajeev kapoor, rs 6, tata motors, upgradation